1982 miniMetro L

RobT

Rob, have you had the displacers re-gassed at any point?  I'm sure I'm teaching grandmother to suck eggs here but If not there's a fair chance it's the gas that's escaped rather than the fluid.  In case you're not aware there is an alternative to Ian Kennedy's good but expensive service.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-MGF-Hydrogas-Hydragas-NITROGEN-REFILL-NO-WELDING/283439368419

Pros: much cheaper, original appearance - rivet replaced hence no schrader valves protruding

Cons: no schrader valve for easy subsequent fills!  No option of him taking the whole car and removing the displacers.

Kevin seems a top bloke - we're currently working with him on a new project.

Yes I probably need the cans re-gassed.  I meant to do it a couple of years ago, but as usual it's finding the money and also the time to drive it up to Telford and stay there for a few days.

The other option looks promising  It's good to know these services exist to keep our old shite going.

Love the Metro. They look so neat in good condition. Just a shame that they were so pox prone. I can remember the bubbles bursting from the wings and the front valances. Silly they didn't at least have wheel arch liners. I often wonder how it would compare to my Y10. I suspect the Metro is the better car in some ways. Although they both seem to dump petrol over the rear wheel. My Y10 certainly did. 

Cool Metro. I can't believe it's all those years ago in 1980  that as a kid my dad gave me a leaflet on "Presenting Metro" that they'd had handed out at work (he worked at Leyland Trucks).

I had a Metro myself in about 1991. Mine however was utterly shagged, it was an X reg 1.3 HLS in Peridot green with a beige interior, it handled great but the engine was knackered. I remember backing off the drive in a morning you couldn't see for the smoke :shock: I used to carry cans of oil wherever I went. I think I must have been drunk when I agreed to buy it:grin:

The main things I remember were that incredible visibility & the space inside was fantastic.

• RobT changed the title to 1982 miniMetro L