Tight wad Old giffer style 'expert' maintenance

sierraman

• 2 months later...

Many years back I was technical assistant on the one of the worst bodges I've seen. A Volvo 145 with collapsed rear suspension on one side had been bought at auction and after a 1/2 hearted attempt it to repair a block of wood was fashioned to sit on the axle, correcting the ride height. It went back to the auctions where it tripled it's money, bought by the worst dealer of crap in the area.

Whessoe Rd, 'Big Mikes' ... Son of Sam...??

http://www.victoria-carsales.co.uk/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-PROTON-SAVVY-STREET-1-1-1-2-5-DOOR-ONLY-29000-MILES-JET-BLACK-CD-PLAYER/311234424460?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28111%26meid%3D09b258ae946a49459d00270a0de7f7c7%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D11472%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D111563324412&rt=nc

I think this is the 'latest evolution' of Darlingtons finest..... 8)

NO... I'm not thinking of buying it (well north of £Salty!!)

TS

Also, when I worked at Halfords, it was common at about 7pm on the night of the local car auction to have folk come in for tins of spray paint and then tart up their cars in the carpark before heading round to the auction house down the road.

I got an unexpected cancellation six weeks ahead of my driving test date and I hadn't sorted out an instructor yet so I had to use my mother's rotten Viva estate- which I wasn't even insured for. In an attempt to make it look less shonky I went round it on the morning of the test and sprayed over every bit of rust on the bodywork- no preparation whatsoever (which was also my approach to the test). The examiner recoiled visibly when I led him to the car :D. It was only supposed to be a very short term fix but none of the rust broke through again.

Placed gaffer tape over six inch holes in sills, wobbed over the top, sprayed with whatever paint matched.

MOT tester's hammer thing went straight through.

Failed the MOT. :(

When I had an old Nissan years ago, a bloke came up and said he had a 240Z or something like that - the rear suspension tower strut thing was being held in by the rear glass quarter frame.