Thought/suggetions, Shitefest 2015 or AS roadtrip

skattrd

Oops, only remembered to send it today! Got the following reply back...

"Thanks for your enquiry. Our field offers extremely limited camping and pretty basic facilities but there is excellent camping at Abbey Farm about half a mile away. For anyone brave enough to take a chance with we charge £5 a night. Admission for groups is £3.50 adults and £3 seniors. Parking on the field is free and you sound like our sort of people. Look forward to meeting you."

I'd got a route to Devil's Bridge in my mind - how does this sound?

http://binged.it/1Kik8BV

627401.JPG

Tanat Valley

via Lake Vyrnwy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Vyrnwy

_56388671_jex_1218158_de54-1.jpg

Llyn Clywedog

Didn't Ian suggest later on in the year might be better?

It's all good for me anyhow.

Also, LOLs at 'you sound like our kind of people'. See if they're still saying that when there is a dismantled Samara leaking fluid everywhere, all the nearby trees have been culled for a big bonfire that prompts hospital-fodder drunken leaping over whilst DJ SambaS pumps the tunes out from the HGF soundsystem, there's at least one person in a fit of hysterical giggles 'cos they can't find the Volvo they brought with them, and they get awoken by the beautiful sounds and smells of a V8 Stellar and frying square sausage.

Northumberland is an option - I might even be able to get us a field at the Rugby Club in Corbridge - there is a classic car show there first weekend in July and we could possibly hook up with them, I am a member of the rugby club and the classic car club so could have a few words  

Tynedale is lovely - easy to get to for the SVM, 40 mins from Penrith and 30 mins from Newcastle  - very rural, nice pubs etc - 

best of all - 20 minutes to the Scottish Border at Carter Bar so a day run round the Scottish borders - Cumbria and Northumberland is very easy to do -

thoughts?

I might well be up for a north east meet.  Ms C might be taking over a local bar meaning that I'll be on dad duties all weekend for the foreseeable future.  My dads up in Durham though so could probably be persuaded to look after the little horrors for a night or two if they were delivered to his door. 

It hardly gives the SVM chance to warm thier engines up though,  perhaps they can be sent to pick up Trigger on the way there ;)

I can't do May either really. I'm already organising another event in April and it's the 2CVGB National in May. I don't really want another event that time of the year.

I was pondering August Bank Holiday, though if we did it the weekend before, there's an opportunity to attend the 2CV 24hr race. Or ignore Devil's Bridge and just have a Friday meet in Llangollen before convoying to Anglesey for the Sat-to-Sun race. I can discuss possible track time at Anglesey, but that would probably have to be Saturday morning. There's quite a lot of options, so I'm not sure how we go about seeking opinions. I'll think about it some more tomorrow!

Northumberland is an option - I might even be able to get us a field at the Rugby Club in Corbridge - there is a classic car show there first weekend in July and we could possibly hook up with them, I am a member of the rugby club and the classic car club so could have a few words  

Tynedale is lovely - easy to get to for the SVM, 40 mins from Penrith and 30 mins from Newcastle  - very rural, nice pubs etc - 

best of all - 20 minutes to the Scottish Border at Carter Bar so a day run round the Scottish borders - Cumbria and Northumberland is very easy to do -

thoughts?

Also do-able for Cumbrian Shiteists. I'd be interested, if this becomes reality.

There's also the added bonus that if anyone has a other half who doesn't fancy looking at a field full of sub £1000 snotters, you can always drop them off somewhere like the Metro Centre fairly easily from Corbridge, for OMGRETAILHEAVEN. That's probably what I'll end up doing.

I'm easy with the location, and indeed the date...although I'd prefer sooner than August as I'm not sure I can wait that long! But if it was August, purely selfishly I'd prefer anything but the BH weekend as the 30th happens to be our wedding anniversary. I've yet to ask her, but I'm pretty sure the idea of getting pissed in a muddy field, surrounded by crap cars and weird blokes (and I include myself firmly in that latter category), does not score too highly on the list of enjoyable anniversary activities.

I asked the museum about numbers in the field (and the possibility of a fire :-) ), and this was their reply:

"Provided we haven;t had a downpour we can accomodate a dozen or so tents. There is an idyllic spot for bonfires on the riverbank. It is really basic but always friendly. Look forward to meeting you."

At the very least it sounds like a perfect excuse for a run out in the Stellar, once they open in March. If people are happy to leave it undecided until then (or go with a more popular option) then I'm fine with that.