Couple of my cars and welcome

oldcars

Hi All & welcome

I had been looking at the forum and all the great motors and thought that i may as well ruin it and add mine to the mix  :-D

I have a 1983 Reliant Rialto and a 2001 Kia Shuma that i like to keep clean and looking its best.

The Rialto had had a bit done since i broke down on the way home for buying it. Its had a new radiator, coolant flush and a new waterpump, full repaint and new chrome mini trims. Love it, its great fun. Shuma is great too, they are all disapearing from the roads now and howmanyleft says aboiut 1000 have gone in the last year!

post-18138-0-40057700-1412945137_thumb.jpg

post-18138-0-39147100-1412945144_thumb.jpg

That Rialto is giving me a right stiffy, especially with that embossed plate. Fucking RAWR. 

The hatches don't seem to be as common as the estates, but they look much better I reckon.

Fetching colour as well. Top work.

Refreshing to see a Shuma in such nice nick and not clad in taxi stickers also.

The Rialto 2 model did indeed have a high comp engine,different cam,carb set up and dizzy,together with a different axle ratio.These were indeed capable of over 100 (tho a good standard one will nudge that anyway) remember one guy being nicked in one in the 80s for doing 104 on the motorway. The reason for the change wasnt speed tho,it was economy,those were good for 70+mpg if driven carefully. The reason for the change back to standard was because reliant owners were complaining that they couldnt just stick it in 4th at 30mph any more and had to use the gears more.Reliant owners arent scared of anything,if they were,they wouldnt drive one!

wierdly they are one of the most undesireable to reliant nuts lol, i have only had the one,and to be fair it went like stink,averaged 63mpg and was in mint condition,they didnt get abused as much as the estates.The mk1 robin saloon with glass lift up window i think is the pinnacle of Reliant "design",was the last original deisgn,everything following being a restyle.

Kia's are full of win and now I'm not the only Kia owner here I feel part of a new cutting edge of fashion, trend setting crowd.

P.S. Breaking down on the way home from buying a car gives you 100 bonus shite points immediately

They are indeed, what Kia are you the proud owner of?

Broke down twice so do i get 200 points  :-D

Thanks very much guys, didn't think there would be so much love for my motors.

The Rialto is a gls saloon, with the indeed silly postage stamp boot. Quite rare, but i like them better. Better shape and not so many leaks as the hatchback and estate.

It is a standard redtop engine, as has been said there was a higher compression yellow top with a "B" axle but that was in the Rialto 2 and i don't think it was in production long.

Plasticvandan, what Reliants do you have now? Love mine as a daily its fun.

The Shuma was given to me when my Grandfather passed away and is Magenta Red, great old boy colour  :-D

They do suffer from rot, mine has had work to one front wing, and both rear arches and bottom of the rear quarter. Other arch needs sorted after winter. Its been treated and undersealed and all wheels & trims re painted along with rear drums and calipers. Wiper arms need done too at some point.

Its been machine polished and in my eyes looks good for its age. Yet to see a tidy one around my neck of the wood.

Will get some more pics up, interior cloth is  :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

Wee update. Headlamp has started to fill up with water, should have fixed it before but i left it and it blew the bulb up :( Front is all stripped down to fix tonight if it ever stops pissing down.

Then i need to get it running again. Ran the tank a bit low and it started to run badly, now i can't get it it started. Think its prob clogged the fuel filter, but its attached to the back of the chassis buy the drivers rear wheel and is hard to get at with no ramps  :-o

On a good note the old Korean special is running as well as it always has. Its getting in the mood for winter by more rust bubbling up on the front wing  :mad: