Bad Obsession Motorsport - Binky

Micrashed

What does everyone reckon the engine bay tinware being painted dark green was all about then? Just them winding everyone up? A nod to the colour of the original A-series block? Or just a need to get some paint on a few bits and bobs, and green was what happened to be lying about?

I was convinced Binky was going to be BRG, having seem hints of it on newly painted parts in the engine bay. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, cort16 said:

Its weird that the car is out and about at shows and on other peoples youtube videos but they've not shown in on their own channel.

It was arranged to go to Weston Park a while ago.  On the videos it clearly isn’t running properly as if it needs mapping.

They’re probably working on it and the videos as we speak.  Hopefully!

3 hours ago, cort16 said:

Its weird that the car is out and about at shows and on other peoples youtube videos but they've not shown in on their own channel.

It got thrown together quickly to make a meet and greet/show deadline at Weston Park, it very much wasn't finished and some minor details were glossed over. 

They've since taken it all apart again to do it properly and document the assembly/make YT videos. 

4 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Not entirely sold on the wheels. I'm not a Minilite fan, but a set of those or 4 spoke Revolutions would suit it better

Nope - I dont like them on the mini. But its a personal choice. 
Id actually like to see some plain cooper reverse rims on it, but obviously finding something like that to fit the hubs is going to be ticky 

9 hours ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

My only gripe is they fitted bullet mirrors, which as far as I’m concerned should be systematically removed from all classic minis with a lump hammer.

I could live with the mirrors, the Mk1 grille with concealed door hinges however....

6 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

I could live with the mirrors, the Mk1 grille with concealed door hinges however....

I hadn’t noticed that, especially as for the most part it has all the features of a 90s Mini with the side repeaters, reverse lights, bubble arches and graphics pack.

Now I have 2 gripes.

56 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

Agreed,the mk1 grille looks awful on it.

I'm beginning to think of binky as a journey rather than the destination.,the concept and the packaging are fantastic, but the finished product leaves me feeling a bit meh!

1 hour ago, junkyarddog said:

Agreed,the mk1 grille looks awful on it.

I'm beginning to think of binky as a journey rather than the destination.,the concept and the packaging are fantastic, but the finished product leaves me feeling a bit meh!

Yeh, still wood tho...