Bad Obsession Motorsport - Binky

Micrashed

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me, this is the best car content available.

I can't wait to see what colour they paint it. I'm going for white, but whatever colour it is, I hope it's a period Austin/Rover colour.

Well, Binky is a nice name and like Death's horse, it's white. And also like Death's horse, we think it'll be fast enough to travel through time and across dimensions...   :-D

pretty sure its going to stay white :)

(side note I cant help but notice their account is now a guest one, is that just something that happens if they post after so long or is it something you specifically have to request?)

From what I can tell Guest_User_* accounts are relics of accounts that have been deleted/closed somehow on a far, far previous version of the forum software. They only really appear in threads from 4+ years ago.
I only know as I'd been looking through old threads and watanabe (an old alias of alcyonecorporation) comes up as one, and he's on his 3rd AS account (voluntarily I might add).

• 1 month later...

pretty sure its going to stay white :)

(side note I cant help but notice their account is now a guest one, is that just something that happens if they post after so long or is it something you specifically have to request?)

There's the occasional purge of accounts who haven't posted in a number of years and had fewer than a set number of posts. I think the last one was 3 inactive years and

It's just to keep the backups manageable really, before we (recently) turned on some extra verification steps there were literally thousands of spammer accounts.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else wondered how the hell this will get road registered?

Given that the only bit of the original mini is the shell, and possibly a bit of the front & rear subframes its going to have to go for an IVA - I started reading the manual and lost the plot, so i wandered off to find some cheese to eat

I did wonder that - at first I thought it was going to be a rally car, but then it's got electric windows and DAB radio and stuff in so clearly not.

Perhaps they'll just keep it quiet and hope nobody notices they'll have done about 25 hours of YouTube videos documenting how far it is from a standard Mini  :D

"STILL 850cc ON LOG BUK"

Looking at this summary version, I reckon they’ll be ok getting an IVA: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/individual-vehicle-approval-iva-for-cars-help-to-get-a-pass/individual-vehicle-approval-iva-for-cars-help-to-get-a-pass

It’s mostly sensible stuff like are there any sharp bits where they would do harm and are the wires and pipes installed in a professional way (by modern standards - I think my FE Victor, for instance, would have failed on wiring from the factory).

Well I somehow only found out about this a couple of weeks ago, and Sunday morning thought I'll sit down and watch the first one.

Many Many Many hours later, I had watched the entire series much to the annoyance of the wife as I'd basically sat on my arse all day and not done a thing.

For anyone who was like me and does not know about the channel, It's a couple of blokes from a motorsport workshop who are trying to fit the mechanical's from a Celica Turbo 4WD into a BL Mini.

Half of me wishes I'd found out about it next year as they only seem to release a vid every month, so could then watch it through to the end. (The first vid was released in 2013, and they have not even started the engine yet)

For a mechanical luddite like me its amazing to see how they sort out the obvious issues, but its interspersed with a lot of laugh out loud humour. A lot from Police Squad, including the tall man with something in his mouth gag reworked (If you have seen the vids, you will know what I mean, but don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not watched)

Did have a search on here to see if it was referenced anywhere with no success and didn't post in the You Tube thread as its not just a one off interesting video. As its a series, thought it deserved its own thread. (Mods feel free to move if you desire)

If anyone like me was also unaware, its a really good /interesting watch. You just might want to stagger yourself though, otherwise you will lose a day :)

Flip front goes up, Flip front goes down, flip front goes up, flip front goes down.