306 turbo dizzler... Info required?

DodgyBastard

oh the 306 td................I had a 3 door one many years back, had 190k miles on the clock then and pulled like a train. Car wouldn't start unless you knew the pin code, 4 digit code which had to be entered every time you wanted to start the car..............pain of my freaking life.

I had one as well, forgotten about that PIN keypad. Were those keypads able to be bypassed by a car thief easily? In all honesty, a great car. Bodywork was a little plastic, but the mechanicals were rock solid.

I had one as well, forgotten about that PIN keypad. Were those keypads able to be bypassed by a car thief easily? In all honesty, a great car. Bodywork was a little plastic, but the mechanicals were rock solid.

Just got a 406TD, only discovered it had a keypad immobiliser after I'd test driven it, fired it up several times and driven it home. So that'll not be working to well then eh!

My first ZX had the same code as new, 2222 iirc. The 2 button and surround was worn smooth (and in full show) I changed it to 0909 and regretted it as I often hit another key when in a hurry. Left the XM as it was, it had a flap so you couldnt see the wear on the buttons.

And now I dont have a keypad. Sort of miss it, I think it was an ok anti theft device (providing it works fine of course), anyone trying to rip it out and butcher the loom would render the car scrap, and therefore undriveable, even a dealer back in the day would have struggled to fix the electrical nightmare I reckon!

Just got a 406TD, only discovered it had a keypad immobiliser after I'd test driven it, fired it up several times and driven it home. So that'll not be working to well then eh!

Probably disabled using the method I mentioned earlier, or it might have had a replacement pump.

I believe there is a fairly simple way to reset the code on the keypad, which I won't reveal here.

My immobiliser comes on when the battery has been disconnected and can be bypassed by turning the key to start position, disconnecting then reconnecting the negative terminal.

Anyway I took the car home today around 10 miles, It had a lot of blue/grey/white smoke coming from the rear, Mrs Foad had to keep well back as the amount of smoke was pretty unbearable...

Obligatory Petrol station pic!

15362395582_0973357ee1_z.jpgDSC_2957 by srblythe, on Flickr

After some hard cornering the oil light came on so I checked it when I got home, no oil...

15176058610_0f2eff82fc_z.jpgDSC_2964 by srblythe, on Flickr

This is how smoky it is on idle...

15176212947_1741bff44d_z.jpgDSC_2963 by srblythe, on Flickr

How many shite points do I earn? Shite driveway and ghetto houses...

15362757665_ae3595e85d_z.jpgDSC_2969 by srblythe, on Flickr

15176090650_8648c671ed_z.jpgDSC_2984 by srblythe, on Flickr

Some random pics I took...

15339777526_056b4c8b17_z.jpgDSC_2986 by srblythe, on Flickr

15359593931_d60e3c45e5_z.jpgDSC_2970 by srblythe, on Flickr

15339718056_c126af061f_z.jpgDSC_2961 by srblythe, on Flickr

15339703966_bb99a0d206_z.jpgDSC_2960 by srblythe, on Flickr

Where to begin?

Doesn't look too difficult...

Famous last words.

Just remember turbos get very hot and all the bolts around them will likely be seized and snap, so give everything a good soak in penetrating oil before you start, and it might be worth sacrificing a chicken or something. I spent 2 days removing my last turbo, most of the time was spent drilling and tapping threads out.

Im sure theres one up at all parts in bonnybridge could be worth a bell to see if they still have it. 

make sure and clean out the oil feed and drain pipes when replacing the turbo as ive seen the drain pipes being choked which causes the turbo to blow the oil seals 

I think you could do with Will, explodingcabbage, expertise on this, didn't he say he had a couple of these motors lying around, so should be able to identify the turbo.

I'm just waiting on him getting back to me for a price on postage for the turbocharger, I also spotted an xud in my local breakers and a 306 sedan so getting some spares shouldn't bee too much of an issue...

I'm looking forward to the turbo coming, I went and got some new tyres and fitted them to these lovely 309 gti alloys.

15272759958_40d8c62fbb_z.jpgDSC_3158 by srblythe, on Flickr

15272704160_5d7650f5e5_z.jpgDSC_3159 by srblythe, on Flickr

15272661309_167bb1fe7f_z.jpgDSC_3166 by srblythe, on Flickr

Took it for a run around the block, it was fine to begin with but as I accelerated it got very smokey then continued to smoke after I parked it and let it idle for a min...

I remember when the turbo went on my old passat you couldn't see anything in the street.. wish I had took a picture now. 

It got drove about 4 miles home when the turbo went and by the time it got into the village the oil light was on.. 

• 1 month later...

I eventually got this on the road, it's apparently had the pump turned up by the previous owner. As much as I like the boost I think I might put it back to standard.

Recent pics:

15658116808_1c44ae8ffd_c.jpgPeugeot 306 xud sedan by srblythe, on Flickr

15819810036_23c39ee821_c.jpgDSC_4377 by srblythe, on Flickr

15845008152_29a6ef399d_c.jpgOddball Saloon cars by srblythe, on Flickr