Citroen C3 good condition, low miles so why is it shite?

lisbon_road

Citroen C3 39000 miles very clean MOT Feb 15 tax end October 14.  Full service history, new cambelt at 6000 miles (due to age).  Drives well, all Michelin tyres all good, very clean car, doesn't use oil at all.  Generally oil and filter changed every 6000 miles and all paperwork to prove milage.

Was a category C write off before we got it.  Very skilled friend fixed it, mostly consisting of bolted on parts at the front - wings, headlights, radiator, air con, bumper and so on.  Really good paint match.  And it had another accident last year resulting in a new back bumper and other parts.  So it sure has some history but drives just fine.  Trouble is my wife wants a bigger car and has got a Zafira (sigh).  I think the history justifies it being on here.

Air con isn't very cold (who needs air con anyway). 

For sale for £1500.  CAP private sale price is £2125-2350 so it is below this due to history.  Set of about ten photographs can be sent to anyone interested.  Car is in Southampton, delivery to Bristol, Gloucester, Lydney, Swindon might be possible.

Anyone want it?

post-17775-0-69378900-1410897586_thumb.jpg

For something like this, I'd stick it on Autotrader, if it's at the cheaper end of the range on there, you shouldn't be stuck with it for long.

We're not really your target audience, I suspect most of us could think of better* ways to spend 15 hundred quid.

(* by "better" I mean more rusty, more leggy, more noisy etc...)

Thanks for the suggestion.  It is on ebay as a classified and on gumtree.  I'm a bit reluctant to swell Autotrader's coffers with their £36 ad price.  I appreciate this isn't totally the right place but worth a try and the history makes it a bit different.  It is a good car but the sheer amount of it which has been replaced is amazing, both wings, both bumpers, headlights, one rear light, tailgate......you'd never know but legally I am supposed to declare that it is cat c. 

If you list it on auto trader it'll flag it as cat c in the description, I don't usually put it in the ad (I've had a few cat c/d vehicles) but tell folk when they enquire, then at least you can describe the damage and not scare them off straight away, problem is 90‰ of folk are not interested in accident damaged cars, no matter how well its been repaired.

The market for £1500 cars is pretty much non existent at the moment. Punters either want to spend a lot more at dealers who can rip them off with finance deals or you have the cash buyers who tend to spend around a grand for a secondhand car. I have been trying to flog a decent c4 with higher mileage but full history, never been in an accident on a 55 plate. Not so much as a sniff at £1500 even offering a full mot and warranty. Talking to a local sales guy the only stuff shifting is small cars under £1200. I had a cat c citroen C3 pluriel last year and ended up breaking it as no one wanted it even down at £700 mot'ed and taxed. CAP prices are a joke really ebay completed listings gives a better idea of what to expect.

I think you are right.  I have also sold a few of them, and generally told people they'd been in an accident (like you) once they'd enquired.  This time I have been more upfront.

And I have not had a lot of interest unfortunately.  It is a shame they can't be inspected and wiped clean or something.

Sorry to say but I do think the price is a bit strong especially for a car that's had more than its fair share of bangs in the past.

Post 2002 French stuff never sells well especially cat C at the best of times unless it's seriously cheap, and you really can't go by price guides, it's more of looking on eBay and Autotrader and working out the best price from a real world point of view.

Also this is Autoshite so no one pays more than £500 quid for a car unless it's something interesting or their just showing off their wealth lol.

Corsaviour would most probably flog that for £300 and that would include a fry up plus a cup of tea and half a tank of juice plus £1.54 under the back seat .

OK I get the message.  I must admit the response to other adverts has been dismal so far, apart from the usual ones who are more than happy with the price but want me to send £500 to their agents first.  None of them have claimed it is too expensive :)

Of course, if I go for £995 I can get a cheapo advert on Autotrader too!

If this was Homes Under The Hammer I think in the current market I would expect it would fetch Ã‚£650-£750, which might yield you an unhealthy pre-tax yield of -17%.

Sold today.  Had a few no shows this week, and this morning a couple, gent was about to bring the cash out when his wife said she didn't like the colour.

So this afternoon a lady rang and I had to take it to her and the whole extended family got in on the act.  Decent people.  They understood what cat c meant so nothing hidden.  £1200 in cash, not bad I think, but it was a genuine lows miles clean car.  I think they did ok.