crapi 2.8 or 3.0 wanted

pedman

I have an excellent 1985 2.8 special in mineral blue over silver that I have owned for 12 years, 64,000 miles from new (had 56,000 when I bought it in 2002). No MOT but i'll put a full ticket on at sale. It wont be cheap though as it's an unrestored original motor. Always garaged...

Be sad to see it go but too many other projects that I need to concentrate on. I suspect as your looking on Autoshite that mine might be a tad not shite enough..

I have an excellent 1985 2.8 special in mineral blue over silver that I have owned for 12 years, 64,000 miles from new (had 56,000 when I bought it in 2002). No MOT but i'll put a full ticket on at sale. It wont be cheap though as it's an unrestored original motor. Always garaged...

Be sad to see it go but too many other projects that I need to concentrate on. I suspect as your looking on Autoshite that mine might be a tad not shite enough..

pm sent thanks

I have had heaps of V6 Capris. Much prefer the 3.0 or an early 2.8 with the four speed box. Whilst the later ones with the 5 speed are better on motorways, they just don't pull as well as the 4 speed.

Don't dismiss a 2.0S if you can get a good one. I reckon they handle a bit better than the V6 - don't sound as good though...

Found out your 2.0s didn't have any brakes the first time I drove it. Might still have the photo after it was road rallied!

I have had heaps of V6 Capris. Much prefer the 3.0 or an early 2.8 with the four speed box. Whilst the later ones with the 5 speed are better on motorways, they just don't pull as well as the 4 speed.

Don't dismiss a 2.0S if you can get a good one. I reckon they handle a bit better than the V6 - don't sound as good though...

IMG_1092_zpsfa35547a.jpg IMG_1100_zpse3ca3870.jpg found this recently on the isle of islay rotten as a pear

Such a shame, one of the best colours as well! One of my mates of this parish had a 3.0S in this hue with most of the interior stripped out - a bit of a beast as I recall and sure it had a great reg too iirc Steve?

Such a shame, one of the best colours as well! One of my mates of this parish had a 3.0S in this hue with most of the interior stripped out - a bit of a beast as I recall and sure it had a great reg too iirc Steve?

I had two Cosmos Blue 3.0S's, an absolute raft that I had in my younger days VCW3V and a much better one more recently FLX35T. I really do regret selling both

Many moons ago my mate's dad bought a 3.0 ghia auto to do up and sell on - all it needed was a PAS rack.

It was a dark metallic green with a dark brown vinyl roof - the ghia wheels had been painted white. Oddly, the colours worked.

I wonder what happened to YVB 270 V?

Many many years ago I got a very tidy 2.0S Capri as a swap for my not very good Alfa Romeo 155. Wish I'd kept it now! It had been breathed on, and was getting on for being nearly as fast as a V6 one. I got good money for it from a collector, so I can't complain too much. I then bought the worst Porsche 924 in Christendom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bren

Just wondering when your mates dad owned the capri as I owned the same car about 1986 and have always wondered what happened to it. I would love to get it back.

Regards

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Much prefer the 3.0 , they just don't pull as well as the 4 speed.

I had my 1st 'water weeping from corner of eye @ G Force' event in a 3.0S 'W reg' 4cog.

Pulling out of the entrance of Donnington race track (an IMP National going on..) my mate Graham says "Oi! ....take some of THAT.... !!" and caused the horizon to visibly blurr  :shock: .

"Bluudy Beemer drivers..." Seem he was monstering his arse on the way out....

I have never had a lunch so comprehensively compacted *before or since....

*...err, well, if you don't count a quick trip around Winlaton at the helm of a DTV 2300Magnum (rally specced/LSD) when the owner asked me(18) to pop back round to his place to get something  8) .

TS