TagoraSX - Motoring Missadventures.

TagoraSX

Has anyone ever heard a credible-sounding story of someone managing to get one of these into a leak-free condition? If so they ought to share it on here to keep Tagoras motivation topped up.

They pissed water in from new - the boot was first to leak.

Eventually the screen would leak.

I am surprised nobody from practical fishkeeping ever made an aquarium out of an SD1.

Our Mklll Cortina used to fill up - we parked on a cambered street and the drivers side was low... I drilled a 1/8th hole in the edge of the floor and the fish died ;)

Did I read that this Rover had a 'heated wire' implanted in the [original] screen adhesive.... Autoglass hoiked up a 12V battery and lifted the lot out??

TS

They pissed water in from new - the boot was first to leak.

Eventually the screen would leak.

I am surprised nobody from practical fishkeeping ever made an aquarium out of an SD1.

My SD1 had never leaked a drop from when it was new, but it was built in a very foreign country.

Has anyone ever heard a credible-sounding story of someone managing to get one of these into a leak-free condition? If so they ought to share it on here to keep Tagoras motivation topped up.

My 4.2 didn't leak at all. However, that thing was virtually hand built.

• 1 month later...

I rebuilt the edge of the inner wheel arch on mine with zintec - painstaking but worth it as I got the steel for fook all.

Use plenty of seam sealer between the inner and outer wheel arch otherwise you will be repeating the exercise in the near future.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You can still get everything for them from rim end bros. I guy local to be me replaced every panel on his other than the roof from Rimmers stock. It cost him mega$$$

The car's going to look great. I always feel a bit guilt I don't have the time or resources to reserect cars in this fashion. I'm glad you're doing it though it's going to look great.