TagoraSX - Motoring Missadventures.

TagoraSX

• 8 months later...

Fleet update.

I bought this last year, 1990 Audi V8. I really didn't want another car but it was too nice to turn down....

It came from the Audi U.K. classic collection so it is structurally and mechanically sound but it did need a few things sorting out.

36208825476_808760c25b_c.jpg

First job was a new exhaust.

26034781127_81afbee5a3_c.jpg

40013649995_99317545e7_c.jpg

38963452190_19291e36fa_c.jpg

40731831602_c968d1b0b2_c.jpg

40013648375_ca8bdb1456_c.jpg

I used to have an Audi V8, used it every day for quite a long time. It was fantastic! Once I got some problems with the lambda sensor sorted it would do 25mpg round the doors. It had a somewhat peppered exhaust that I could not afford to replace. Also I remember the sound of the 4-poster lift at the local garage grinding its guts out trying to lift the big heavy bastard!

Wow, those both look fantastic! The 200 is especially neat, I reckon I could even get on with those leather seats despite not being a prole (and therefore not wanting to sit on leather). I had a semi serious bid on a project 1980s Audi 100 a while back but it went for more than I had at the time and I've sort of regretted it ever since. Gold with beige tweedy cloth interior amd brown plastics. Just beautiful and I haven't seen another one since.

How do your ones drive??

Up to 2008 it's based on engine size.It starts at €199 for up to 1 litre and goes up to €1809 for over 3 litres.

For cars after 2008 it starts at €120 for ZEVs and goes up to €2350 for cars whose CO2 emissions are more than 226g/km.

Hence the hordes of ratty LS400's / 750i's / XJ's sat deteriorating in barns around this country - It's amazing that there is any sort of car scene here... I get the curtains twitching in the neighbourhood by going out to wash my modern every few weeks :(

(Fcuk knows what they make of the LNA in the garage  8) )  

• 1 month later...

Wow, those both look fantastic! The 200 is especially neat, I reckon I could even get on with those leather seats despite not being a prole (and therefore not wanting to sit on leather). I had a semi serious bid on a project 1980s Audi 100 a while back but it went for more than I had at the time and I've sort of regretted it ever since. Gold with beige tweedy cloth interior amd brown plastics. Just beautiful and I haven't seen another one since.

How do your ones drive??

They drive quite well for 30 year old barges. They are similar in some respects and quite different in others, If I could only have one it would probably be the 200.

I also had that gold 100 CD on my watch list, it was in Leeds IIRC