What's the best sub £1000 car today?

trigger

Don't forget the OP mentioned something you could sell on for a profit afterwards, which rules out a fair chunk of the choices on this thread.

I disagree, with a bit of looking it would be quite possible to buy nearly all these cars dead cheap, run them, clean them up a little and sell them on for a profit with a good advert etc.

*EDIT* Having rethought this i should stress that i meant that it is probably POSSIBLE to sell these cars on for a profit if you do it right. Obviously as we are on Autoshite we will spend approx twice the value of the car in any 12 month period and still sell it to someone on here for half of what we paid for it to start with.

I would say that whilst I really like the Saab 900 to drive and its got a fantasticly large boot, its a little cramped inside for the driver and passengers.

I've been wondering - it does feel cramped, but is it really or is it the effect given by the big dash and wraparound curved screen? I genuinely can't decide.

I can't understand either why there's loads of people about wanting to spend tantamount to a mortgage payment on a Audi A3. They definitely also need a diesel because at the garage they told them it would return 70mpg all night long. And anyway their dads mate who knew someone that worked next door to a garage says diesels never go wrong.

I had a lot of classic saabs when they were banger money. 900 T16S was my fave, very quick and handled nice but the gearbox was awful and terminated big time. 9000 was probably the best saab overall IMHO, incredibly roomy and great ride, think saab went pretty much downhill after that.. Merc 190 was a great barge, totally bomb proof gave me several years of reliable service. Now I'm running round in mk1 MX5's so cheap and reliable and you can sell the bits off to kit car builders when your done.

I'm about to have this problem. New , new boring car is coming at the end if the month so need to sell avantime. Rover looks to be going on Saturday so will be on the lookup for something around a grand localish that I can put on a classic policy and survive a 300 miles a week commute without it blowing up. Suggestions on a post card .

I'm about to have this problem. New , new boring car is coming at the end if the month so need to sell avantime. Rover looks to be going on Saturday so will be on the lookup for something around a grand localish that I can put on a classic policy and survive a 300 miles a week commute without it blowing up. Suggestions on a post card .

Bx/405 dizeasal.preferably estate.

Xj40

And change left over to tax them both:)

There's a bit of a flood of Avantimes at the moment then - yours, Philibusmo's red one plus R9UKE's got his 2.0 turbo on eBay at the mo.  And that's just people we know.

I'd be quite tempted but the missus started making wailing noises and pounding the floor when I showed her a picture of one.