l8rz Mercedes Brown Car.

Jim Bell

Scotty, have you seen that one on Canal Road?

It's outside that boarded-up pub, with stabbed tyres and a mossy exterior.

I assume you mean this one next to the PIMP STOP car wash, just coming out of Shipley?

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Canal+Rd,+Bradford,+UK&hl=en-GB&ll=53.828319,-1.773949&spn=0.000203,0.181103&sll=53.7982371,-1.7486356&sspn=0.1557449,0.3516108&gbv=2&fb=1&gl=uk&hnear=Canal+Rd,+Bradford,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=13&layer=c&cbll=53.827223,-1.773362&panoid=C3C4SubKltat2dxWGbWTDg&cbp=12,206.28,,0,4.01

Yeah, have been looking at it for a while wondering whats going on there.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, bit of a catch up.

As we all agreed, the pressed plates were titwank so the originals were pressed back into service.  Theyre not a great deal better,  but heading in the right direction.

Fuck off with the old:

RxGNhHF.jpg

And hello to the new old:

6NhGryp.jpg

And to the frontage:

c8oQcip.jpg

Unfortunately, the impulse purchase of the Merc has left the Shitpeas household a little financially exhausted.

An option is to pass it to a new keeper.  I know Autoshite might not be the best platform for sale of a car of this ilk, I thought I would advertise it here first.

It is For sale.

Some pics taken today:

So, its an E Series 2.3 2 door Pillarless coupe E230 C124.

It has stamped service history up to 113581. Its just over 124000 now.

MOT untill 10/08/15 - No advisories on last.

I have just given her a full oil service including ATF etc.

Has very recently had a Radiator. (see pic)

Has very recently had a rear screen (reciept)

Has very recently had 4 new tyres (see pic)

Has very recently had new Voltage Protection relay (reciept)

Spec -

New Sony Explod Head Unit.

Electric Ariel,

Central Locking,

Pas,

Electric seat belt helper/butlers,

Push button rear headrest dropper.

Tilt and slide sunroof.

EW.

Electric pass mirror, manual drivers (seems to be a normal Merc spec?!)

Genuine Mercedes overmats from new (carpets are gr9)

Condition:

All paint is good, with light scratching/minor scrapes in places.

There is NO rust. Mercedes cars of this era usually have a bit in the front wings, this one does not. It has been thoroughly inspected on a ramp and there is no rust. All suspension components are clean and in great order.

Brakes are spot on. All discs and pads have plenty of meat. And meat is life.

Handbrake pedal and release hands opperate as they should.

Gearbox operates A1, and changes smoothly. Kick down operates as it should and is lively enough to compete off the lights. Sports and Economy modes are available and function as they should.

Wheels could do with a refurb if youre choosy, but tyres are new.

Hunched geordie takes arch pics:

GRP2XrO.jpg

nTMwDqe.jpg

bJgCCHt.jpg

PMZlEk6.jpg

Inside the arse:

7miGf0s.jpg

vDLhNmh.jpg

sZomYxE.jpg

Ice and wood:

HPrNK23.jpg?1

New rad:

t08pjb1.jpg

Electric ariel:

7oAINjw.jpg?1

New Rubber:

Fa5YMsb.jpg?1

Exterior goodness:

QaSGuUQ.jpg

7oLFFVI.jpg

VjFrLhK.jpg

LJmUh6t.jpg

w8SJp6T.jpg

So whats wrong with it?

Well, its not perfect.

Faults:

Drivers door has suffered lock barrel damage in the past.  Central Locking functions fine from passenger door.

Oil pressure gauge doesnt work (but pressure is fine). Guessing it needs a sender £25 :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251406716043?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Rev counter is very lazy. Guessing it needs the cam sensor  £40:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381000174671?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Clock is a bit lazy too.

All of the above might relate to the binacle too, so I have purchased a replacement (though it displays higher miles) but good news is it has Economy gauge, which the original doesnt:

8K4ELS7.jpg

Price and location:

I'm looking for what I paid which was £1500 straight.

It will be going on Carandclassic if theres no shitter interest. May be interested in part ex with cash my way (as I'm skint).

Offers considered.

Located North East coast. NE30. Local to Scotland, Cornwall and London by means of road, train and plane.

Cheers all.

That's fantastic, you can now have discussions with Trigger about who outranks whom

I doubt anyone can out wank me.

I'm only just spotted this thread, what a smart looking car, I can see a lot of my 190E in that as well. I doubt who ever buys it will be disappointed.

If the oil pressure gauge is dead and rev counter work about one third of true engine speed its almost certainly a bad earth to the cluster, dunno why they go, sometimes they just do. Wire another earth to somewhere behind the dash and try that before thinking of oil pressure senders, the binnacles themselves aren't that bad to remove (bit stubborn at first sometimes, proper tools would help, I mean properly bent bits of coathanger) and the gauges are easy to disassemble, wouldn't be hard to chop the set with the economy meter into the binnacle thats already there if you do go down the route of putting in another earth wire.

GLWTS and all that, seems a shame to sell, haven't you got any kidneys or anything you could flog instead of this?

What a lovely car these are. Pre facelift for extra points too. These absolutely have to be a good investment for the future as values will go up.

There aren't many 1500 quid cars that could realistically be owned and driven by someone utterly minted but that's one of them. Add a nice private plate (That'll be RTY4 and not DAZ935876578 or H1 CNT) and you could be The Duke of Shropshire or Arnold Clark.