l8rz Mercedes Brown Car.

Jim Bell

It was a bland Wednesday in September. The air in the office was as thick as a greenhouse and the clock limped on awkwardly like a fucked whippet.

I looked out through the smeg smeared glass at the outside people frolicking merrily amongst the swirling breeze.

Sigh.

iphone out. Ebay app engaged.......................HOLY TITS! DO WANT!

I spied a German car, slathered in brown and loaded with gubbins.

Seriously do want.

Its local. Not far from Overrun. Calculate finances. Can not afford. Lay credit cards out on table and do SERIOUS MATHS.

This might just be feasable.

Wind forward an ebay listing and a let down for the seller. Get in while his morale is low!

TaMJKrW.jpg

YMheNtm.jpg

Behold a Mercedes-Bent in 2.3 C124 flavour!

oBkIxaw.jpg

CiKGgOa.jpg

Dvf8jm8.jpg

0jqegYj.jpg

k4pw6wg.jpg

VN86GOP.jpg

Shiny fuel cap!

Zto2wOW.jpg

Look mam, no pillows!

j6PfhZn.jpg

DJZraGm.jpg

Interior pics and videos shall follow presently.

GERMAN BROWN, TEXTURE LIKE SUN

These things are just lovely aren't they. They seem to be a type of car that just doesn't exist any more. I know Mercedes still make 2 dr coupes but they are models in their own right whereas these seem like a 2-dr coupe version of a taxi. They have the added benefit of looking absolutely great. I say ditch the German look reg plates, otherwise just buy a deck chair and sit and stare. Lovely!

Very nice indeed herr shitpeas, what does the drivers seat bolster look like? Personally I'm biased but these pre facelift models look nicer than the later ones post 1992 with the rounder headlamps and curvy bonnet.

Seat bolster looks spot on condition wise. Think the thick tweedy stuff wares a LOT better than leather would. And the seats are super sprung and absolutely luxurious.

Its a lovely place to stick your arse.