Channel Island Chod: GM landfill

mk2_craig

Posted Image

The "TURBO 130" graphics surely not a YRV factory feature?

Yep, that's what they come like! Most people take them off, unfortunately. I'd have one if they didn't all come with a dreadful sequential 4-speed box. Wouldn't be Daihatsu if they didn't do something like that mind.

I'm off to Scotland for a few days so to celebrate here's a selection of sold gold, card-carrying shite that just couldn't stay hidden on my hard drive any longer.

Posted Image

Hadn't seen a mk2 Granada since moving back to July, well pleased to find this one, parked up since about 2002. Nice!

Posted Image

Alongside the Grandad I was stunned to see this 204, where has it been hiding all those years? Wonderful!

Posted Image

Been after this daily driver Colt for some time now! Excellent!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also spotted the only Vauxhall Royale on the island last summer, been trying to track this coupe down ever since but no luck until this month, though it has changed hands and been re-registered in the meantime. Awesome!

Posted Image

More big Vaux nonsense, astoundingly this Carlton looks like it was parked up following taxi use, never to be driven again. I believe the heap next to it is a mk1 Transit. Fantastic!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's another early Transit, looks to have had an easy life. Neato.

Posted Image

Mothballed D-series unit, I'm told it is a V8...? Hopefully back on the road with Hiab re-attached in the near future. Splendid!

Posted Image

TK? OK!

Posted Image

Horsebox Sherpa, put out to grass with a much younger Midi. Rubbish!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Early bird catches the worm, early surfer catches the waves, early mountain biker catches the J-camper. Terrific!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Quite possibly the daftest icecream van I've ever seen and only the third Honda Acty I've intentionally photographed. Tasty!

Posted Image

Planeshite? Dakota was on its farewell tour, EU regs mean these things won't be able to do passenger trips by next year. Shame?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Are these two things variations on the same design? Too old for me to know much about them but both definitely on at least their second registration number. Green one had been rescued minutes before being cubed apparently. The pair in suitably tatty condition as well. Dreadful!

Posted Image

My lords, I thought this was an old 504 estate or something before taking a closer look. Can't have been on the road many years! Appalling!

Posted Image

This mk1 Fiesta is one of the nicest I've seen in a long while, unfortunate that it has to sit outside in a relatively downmarket housing estate. Shoulda photographed the Alfa 155 alongside it on account of these getting very scarce now. Didn't though. Mint!

Posted Image

Lastly, CAN YOU GUESS WOT IS UNDER THAT TARP

Great Haul!!!!I am enamoured with the Granada, which is the spit of the one my dad had. :)The two "old things" are indeed related, being a Singer Gazelle & Hillman Minx respectively. Don't ask me which model of Minx though as it is just too bloody confusing: They seemed to produce a revised version every bloody year.

Regatta! Has anybody seen one on the road in the last 5 years? I don't think I've seen one for 10+ years...

You can't see it in this pic, but he has one in here, and a carlton, 2 x 800's, a SD1, etc. The place is a timewarp complete with 80's brochures in racks! Mind you like the pyramids I think if you have anything you might get cursed :lol:

This pic taken late last year - its on the A406 north circular (yes the bloody great ring road!) between the Ace and Ikea...

Posted Image

A lad at work is telling me theres a combine harvester scrapyard somewhere in lincolnshire, which has got any number of perkins V8 diesels sitting rusting. Be great to fit one in an old Humber super snipe or something. GR8 4 TOWIN UR CARAVAN

• 2 weeks later...

Well spotted on the Carlton Mr Rootes Arrow, must have been a pretty grim job driving the public around in that :lol:

Last time's tarp challenge is none other than...

Posted Image

:D

Posted Image

Still on the subject of Kraut waftmobiles. This lovely beige 525e has all the look of an early 1980s Essen taxi, if you ignore the original Jacksons Garage dealer plates and rear window sticker

Posted Image

More creamy goodness, this 305 saloon doesn't seem to be in use these days.

I've always noted that the rear lights on these two cars were very similar! Had a fairly close lifespan too across mostly the 1980s, although the 305 started about 3 years before the E28 & went on a couple of years after too, although I'm not sure which is now rarer......saloon wise probably the Peugeot.

Is they leylandii van an EA?

Used to be used by the post office - now fairly extinct, not seen one in decades.

Derelict Leyland box van thing

Posted Image

Yes that's an EA the smaller sibling of the FG. Wowee that is a rare vehicle now, big fan am I! Last saw one (for the first time in years) heading the opposite direction of the M4 pulling a trailer in Aug 2006 on the way back from Cornwall. Unfortunately it was a very brief 'blink & you'll miss it' encounter so couldn't take any pics!

Posted Image

I think there's a couple of these in use as taxis, beware they will die like Tagoras in two years or so

These seem pretty rare to me. One has popped up in my local town identical to this and it took quite a bit of Googling to find out what it was.

Shame its for sale now though and it might disappear from my area. I keep thinking that parts for this thing will be a right ballache to acquire like aforemetioned Tagora, in 20 years time. Uber-future shite imo!

I really like these machines, with their pillarless doors and luxurious interiors, so much, in fact that I bought a Korean Scale model of one about a week ago, with its box printed entirely in said language :D

Please can you put up a pic of it on the 'shite in miniature' thread?

Posted Image

I think there's a couple of these in use as taxis, beware they will die like Tagoras in two years or so

These seem pretty rare to me. One has popped up in my local town identical to this and it took quite a bit of Googling to find out what it was.

Shame its for sale now though and it might disappear from my area. I keep thinking that parts for this thing will be a right ballache to acquire like aforemetioned Tagora, in 20 years time. Uber-future shite imo!

I really like these machines, with their pillarless doors and luxurious interiors, so much, in fact that I bought a Korean Scale model of one about a week ago, with its box printed entirely in said language :D

Please can you put up a pic of it on the 'shite in miniature' thread?
Lol okies will do it now :)

Woulda liked to have gotten over to the bubblecar museum at the weekend - wasn't to be.

A bit of forward planning and I could have hitched a lift with a mate who helped someone move to Sheffield this weekend - show on Sat and back here this afty might have been a plan.

Ah well - 'nother time maybe. As compensation, a selection of pics from a show here earlier in May, covering the shitey-er end of the exhibits

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice Renner Alpine.

Posted Image

First saw this one last summer, posted earlier in this thread

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Car on the right photographed alongside the white Triumph above last summer.

Other one is a local car which was thoroughly restored a few years ago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If I remember correctly the sheet in the window said this was imported from California quite recently.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A recent spot making another (better) appearance

Posted Image

Posted Image

This had been re-registered recently, the high J-number is not in keeping with the era of the car, would have been in the mid to late 40,000s when this was new.

Posted Image

This was utterly splendid, original reg mark and the right type of plates too 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

More tidy 1970s Ford RWD lovelyness.

Posted Image

Posted Image

No fewer than four smart Angulars lined up, this estate my favourite.

Proper period plates too, probably been fitted since new.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reproduction retro plates look wrong on this otherwise stunning P6, but then I'm a stickler for that.

Still, shame the owner removed the originals including the correct size rear one

Posted Image

Not sure I'd describe the Acclaim as a classic just yet, but the previous lady owner of this nice and tidy example used it for 20 years.

Posted Image

Judging by the lack of UK tax disc, Volvo should be due for inspection and registration by the Jersey authorities soon

The vehicle details for EAW 717L are:

Date of Liability 01 04 1996

Date of First Registration 20 06 1973

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1986CC

Export Marker Export

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour WHITE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mad LHD R4-based Mini Moke rival

Posted Image

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510033_edited.jpg

VP Allegro in very smart condition.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510036_edited.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510039_edited.jpg

Fiesta Popular Minus was outstanding, hadn't seen this one before.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510040_edited.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510041_edited.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510138_edited.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510043_edited.jpg

This pair of reprobates probably the show highlight for me, not sure whether they are in current use (Doubt it!) but just look at the pop-riveted arch repairs and that hacksaw job on the yellow one. It would be a shame if they got restored into the livery of some defunct Jersey business but somehow I suspect that is exactly what will happen.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r254/mk2_craig/jersey08/20080601/20080510140_edited.jpg

I have photographed and posted this XR2 before (twice) but I am doing so again because A. someone has taken the trouble to remove the 1.4S seats it had and reinstall the correct interior and B. it was being driven by chicks. Just need to get rid of those shit 15 quid Ring spotlamps now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its not often that I bother updating a post with just two cars (there's actually a coupla hundred on the PC, but that'll spread out nicely over a few weeks)

And I usually overlook these Mercs, though this one was tatty enough to warrant a pic

Posted Image

But this one was COMPLETELY HUMPED

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks like the same one seen earlier in this thread, late last year, the property it was on is now being redeveloped, Merc obviously didn't like being woken from rigor mortis:

Posted Image

No sign of the following stuff which was hereabouts (though I think the green mk3 Granada is still in use nearby)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dammit!!!!! I had snapped the two Mercs and was about to post them as part of my in-depth presentation on the state of shite here in/on Jersey.Is the Saab still next to the blue Merc? for ages that Merc was parked next to the cream Renner 5 mk1 in your earlier pics at another location-t'was a sight for sore eyes indeedy.A bientot

Posted Image

More big Vaux nonsense, astoundingly this Carlton looks like it was parked up following taxi use, never to be driven again. I believe the heap next to it is a mk1 Transit. Fantastic!

Wow it's like the whole luton box body has collapsed around the chassis! I wonder if the roller shutter still works? (what's left of it!) :shock::lol: