What is the fastest thing you have driven?

Matt

An Audi rs6+

520 bhp is waaaay too much for an Audi estate .

Cars that accelerate that fast are fun but in reality under full throttle I found the speed too fast for my brain to process which means you're really just holding on for dear life . At them you've just got white knuckles and clenched bum cheeks .

I recon 0-60 in 7 secs is about as quick as you'll ever need on the road.

I was a passenger in a friend's Atom, I've never known something accelerate so quickly.  I don't think my reactions would be quick enough for it, especially on public roads.  I've been in some 'posh' cars that can do high speed and you don't notice the speed at all in them, which is potentially quite dangerous if you're driving when a bit tired.

I was once late for a ferry in a 2cv going down a big hill at about 85 with the tops of the doors starting to bend out - that certainly felt like the fastest car in the world at the time.

Over the years I've driven a lot of fast,big saloons but an MX5 at 70 feels faster and more exhilarating than hitting the limiter in a big German barge.

Recently the fastest thing I've driven was an Audi V10 R8, but the owner (albeit pissed and asleep) was sitting next to me and MrsN was following and didn't know the way home, probably the most frustrating 60 miles I've ever driven.

One of my brothers bought a Bandit 1200 a couple of years ago and pestered me into having a spin, when I got back he asked if I noticed the vibration braking into roundabouts from 140, of course I agreed even though I hadn't taken the fecker over 70- I is old.

I did a driving day a few months back and had a fancy tuned Mustang...Saleen perhaps? dunno. Stunning grunt from it, but it felt pretty strange as the soundproofing and comforts insulate you from the sensation of speed.

Years back, I owned a V6 Calibra that made 200bhp on a rolling road and that was a fast cruiser - very long gearing meant that acceleration was not stunning but it would sit at 100+ with ease.

I remember going to a VBOA show at Billing years back in it.  A friend had a Cavalier turbo and we did a really fucking stupid thing on the M6 on those massive long sections around the borders and towards Carlisle where it is three lanes, no junctions and little traffic. Both cars were capable of double the speed limit....if we had been caught doing that it may well have been jail time for both of us....thats the kind of shit that makes national headlines.

post-17837-0-17538300-1409737769_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-91597800-1409737774_thumb.jpg

These days I prefer to just potter along like a pensioner. Its all about the fuel savings.

Hmm, nothing too exciting I'm afraid. Probably between a Formula Ford 2000 (or something like that, it was a sort of mini F1 car) or an Omega 3.0 that was incredibly incredibly quick for such a hefty barge, an Alfa 3 litre or the CLK320 I had.

Hmm, nothing too exciting I'm afraid. Probably between a Formula Ford 2000 (or something like that, it was a sort of mini F1 car) or an Omega 3.0 that was incredibly incredibly quick for such a hefty barge, an Alfa 3 litre or the CLK320 I had.

FF2000s can fucking get a shift on. Drove one myself many years ago, decided that I wasn't brave enough, and stuck to the FF1600 Van Diemen.

I think probably the fastest road car I ever drove was my ex's A-M Vanquish. Stupidly fast, stupidly heavy car. Glorious, though.