Infinity tyres

sierraman

Being the Devil's advocate again, but...

The children, nuns, kittens and the tanker off Duel would have been far, far safer, had you been driving an XQ57 AMG with 20" discs and 12 pot calipers all round, plus ABS+EBD+ESC+OMG.

But all that doesn't help much if your rubber is, in fact, made of hard plastic.

Last time I was in Kwik Fit a guy in a two year old S class Mercedes was having a pair of cheapies fitted. He was also getting an oil change done. 50 grand car, 4 grand watch, 2 grand suit, and using KF for an oil change. Price of everything and value of nothing sprung to mind

The performance car enthusiast* in my example would only ever fit premium tyres ! He would then post 32 HDR pictures of them on the performance car enthusiast* forum he frequents and boast about how stable his car feels when braking from 120 to 70 to tailgate plebeians' Fiestas.

Oh, the humanity...

• 3 weeks later...

I'd just like to reiterate how shite these tyres are, my Infinity that is about 6 months old and maybe done 5000 miles is going in the bin on Tuesday, to be replaced with 4 Uniroyal Rainexperts. It's been drizzing the past few days, the sort where intermittent wiping is too much so the roads are slightly damp. Pulling away from roundabouts has been challenging to say the least, getting about 2 or 3 metres onto the roundabout with the front wheels just spinning isn't much fun. There's a Conti on the other wheel with plenty 5+mm left which doesn't seem much better but it may be from being paired with the Infinity.

I'm not driving like a cock either, using any more acceleration than just the bite point does this. All from a rip roaring 58 BHP powerhouse* engine. Braking is fun too, it's like you're on ice and the brake pads/discs have been dosed in oil. Can't really risk it when the weather worsens!

I drove in this weather IMG_0268.jpg

plenty of times with cheap tyres and didn't come a cropper. Can't imagine it would be the same with the tyres I have at the moment. Doesn't look that bad in that pic but the snow was at least a foot deep!