I think I just bought the coolest thing ever

af1

Hey Dippy, is that the low mileage VX4/90 that was on Ebay recently? Owned by an elderly Scottish couple, IIRC. If so, wasn't it your plans to daily it? Even if I'm mistaken, it looks like you've got a solid one anyway

Thats the car actually its a 2300S and not a VX4/90 and ive used it every day since I bought it for all my normal daily driving with the only exceptions being I parked it inside and took a van home when we had some strong storms earlier in the year and last week it was off the road for 2 days whilst a new exhaust was ordered and fitted.

I have now doubled the original 3200 miles and had no problems, I replaced a small piece of flexible fuel pipe that started leaking and changed the oil and filter after 1000 miles so I knew it had decent oil in it even though it had been changed prior to my buying the car. Apart from that ive changed a couple of bulbs and the exhaust went last week.

The car is a blast to drive and always brings a smile to my face, some people will not like what I am doing to the car but I don't really care. I have looked after the car and it is running better after having some regular use, any additions like the datamaster and bluetooth kit have been fitted with double sided sticky tape and no extra holes have been drilled so the car can be put back to its original condition should I decide to sell it.

This is not very likely though as the car is just too reliable, even the rubber components have not hardened with great wind and water seals through all doors and windows and the car does not use or leak any fluids. Some may think it was expensive but personally I think its an absolute bargain and will not depreciate like a new car with the added bonus I don't have to deal with a main dealer and "technicians" who can only do what the computer says.

• 2 weeks later...