Well that's a bit random - somebody stole half my car... eBay nob content

explosive-cabbage

I came back into this thread to laugh at you all for still arguing about it 13 pages later and after a whole weekend. But instead I was greeted with this amazing story that makes me proud* to be signed up to Autoshite.

With regards to the feedback, maybe we need to put some keywords in this thread so that it's easily found as the first result in a Google search without using the word 'Autoshite'. Any ideas?

If I had bought that with the intention of using it as a car I'd replace the tailgate and then strip literally everything else out of it until it resembled a banger racer, I.E the majority of the shitty bits.

I'd then run as is, it now being a kind of über Rallye Club Sport version.

Of course, I've noticed that you already have some quite nice cars so probably have no need for an additional slightly cack one.

So I'll leave you alone. Tell your employers that we've sanctioned you having the rest of the year off to recover.

• 4 months later...

I've read the entire thread & consider this the best thriller entertainment I've seen over the Christmas period!! Forget James Bond, this thread is much better; tension, excitement, timing the enemy's disappearance from the premises before making an approach, working against the clock to attach the "A" frame, the escape with the prize using "inappropriate" towing equipment and finally condemning the seller to E-bay hell! EPIC! 

I should add that I have laughed SO much while reading this that SHMBO has banished me to the kitchen!

Similarly, though, we used to regularly arrive at work at the rental place to find Transits without doors, mirror, wheels and bonnets. Bit inconvenient when the customer is waiting to take it out.

Weve had this at my old job , they would smash the drivers door glass and steal the passengers door or vice versa , even had a back door ripped off and had the sliding side door half inched  on one 

Just been re-reading this epic thread.

I'm curious to know what happened in the end. Did it get fragged?

Yes, the car got fragged a few weeks ago. I raped it for its engine, gearbox, suspension, rear beam and exhaust. Drained the (red) diesel from it for the Niva and found some mushrooms growing in the carpet.

Even the ignition barrel will be inplanted into our John Deere tractor to replace the dodgy one on it...Waste not want not!

Got a £50 cheque from the scrap man, they collected, and honesty meant I actually had to bid them DOWN on price, due to the state of the shell!

Pictures to follow, I'm on the works computer at the moment so internet is too slow to post pics.

I've read the entire thread & consider this the best thriller entertainment I've seen over the Christmas period!! Forget James Bond, this thread is much better; tension, excitement, timing the enemy's disappearance from the premises before making an approach, working against the clock to attach the "A" frame, the escape with the prize using "inappropriate" towing equipment and finally condemning the seller to E-bay hell! EPIC! 

I'm glad this snippet of my life has provided you with so much festive entertainment!

• 9 months later...

After a unfortunate series of engine failures this summer, the shonky, bodged up engine from this car was lifted out of the grass in the field with the tractor, tidied up a bit and transplanted into the 205 seen in the thread above.

Needless to say the more I dug the worse the bodgery got.

Suspension components were mis-matched from side to side, as were driveshafts, hubs, and brake calipers.

Gear linkages were held together with zip-ties and legnths of copper wire.

The engine has major compression issues on three cylinders which have been the bane of my life for the last couple weeks, resulting in a 3-cylinder idle and an embarrasing time at the GLF meet.

Nothing was greased when worked on in the past- one glow plug hole has stripped threads which I barely managed to rescue with the help of a tap and die kit.

The turbo wines like a bitch and the teeth on the starter were chewed up, not to mention oil like treacle.

I will be installing new fire-seals on the injectors this week to try and fix a compression leak, though if this carries on any further I may have to resort to dropping in another block/head and scrap the whole engine!

Can't win them all; even if you are a winner!

Getting the excuses in early for Crail, I see;)

certainly sounds like it was a lash ip-hope you get it sorted and running sweet-its a cracking wee car!

Anything other than a lash up would have meant utter disappointment.

Nothing easy on autoshite.

Maybe he's sold it to someone else for more cash and has'nt got the balls to tell you?

I think you are a little late to the party! You should read the whole thread through, apparently its worth the time! ;D

After several recent FTP's, last night wor Will was up 'til 5.30am rebuilding the head. At 8.30am he set of on another test run to Scotchlandshire, having declared the 205 "running better than ever". Destination: the island of Mull, this time.

If he arrives back NOT on a big yellow flatbed, things look promising for Crail GLF.

Will, you are coming by the way, your name's already on the list. This is your birthday weekend planned, you'll not regret it.

After several recent FTP's, last night wor Will was up 'til 5.30am rebuilding the head. At 8.30am he set of on another test run to Scotchlandshire, having declared the 205 "running better than ever". Destination: the island of Mull, this time.

If he arrives back NOT on a big yellow flatbed, things look promising for Crail GLF.

Will, you are coming by the way, your name's already on the list. This is your birthday weekend planned, you'll not regret it.

Looks like I may have to start reading up the Crail Thread then doesn't it?

The car performed admirably going to Mull and back, apart from a worn out starter solenoid apeture which I had to change ouside the Spar on Dervaig high street, a weird experience in itself when family of Andy Mort are across the road in floods of tears.

Bizzare weekend.

• 1 month later...