Well that's a bit random - somebody stole half my car... eBay nob content

explosive-cabbage

LIVE* update!11!!!

He's alive and so it the car. Or it was, it did run for a bit, but has conked out, causing him A-framing issues. "It's pushing me all over the bloody road".

He likes to have the engine running on PAS motors, he reckons they follow better. I told him to undo all the PAS pipes and leave the oil there.

And it's pretty* much complete, though he described it as "absolutely retched", which is saying something coming from Will. And it has a Lucas pump FFS.

He passed some skips nearby, so he's gonna drag his outfit that way and fill the back of the 205 with building waste, in an attempt to keep his WanKing Guttersliders stuck to the tarmac.

Is it really that bad up North? I had a car keyed in Warrington, but I kinda had it coming for blocking a driveway in Farage-spec Land Rover. And it wasn't mine.

Come down here to buy a car. They may be more expensive but at least people don't nick bits of them before you collect them. Unless they're pikies. They'd steal the milk out of your tea around here.

LIVE* Update:

Will is now somewhere in the wilds of East Lancashire between Rochdale and Nelson, having stopped to let his WVO-powered speed machine cool down.

The 306 did start and drive, it was as initially advertised (but nastier). The wiring has been butchered to fcuk, but he's glad he made the trip. And glad to be alive.

What a great thread!

This thread really has everything.

An epic collection mission against all odds, to collect a vehicle as desirable as Ebola.

Safe* legal* a-framing action.

And genuine danger to life and limb.

The reward for all this? Approx £80 profit and a Lucas pumped XUD.

What a guy.

That is exactly what I was wondering. Maybe somewhere on the internet there is a counter thread of an eBay seller perplexed and perhaps petrified of the kind of nut that still wants his "part broken by thieves" old hunk o' junk. And when he turns up tomorrow he'll realise his car has been stalked and tracked down. I'd be tempted to leave positive feedback and really freak him out.

There's the small matter of a V5 (yeah yeah, I know that's for the keeper and not the owner, but still.... That's going to be an arse)

I'll be very surprised if there isn't a visit from the police over this, even if they can find nothing actually wrong.

Doesn't stop it being a great chain of events though!