Well that's a bit random - somebody stole half my car... eBay nob content

explosive-cabbage

• 4 years later...
12 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

It'd be great to see some of these older 'threads I reckon. If anyone can think of some other favourites, defo give them an unexpected bump so we can share the joy!!! Maybe if one reappears, a mod could tag it as 'AS Classic' or something so we know we're looking at something worth trawling through.

That's this one then, isn't it? Ignore the dead ebay pictures on the first page, there's gold later on in the thread... 

They used to have a 'Barry Boys Gold' section on that forum with some of their best flame wars etc.

I reckon if we did start tagging any of this stuff it would be better to tag the thread rather than individual posts. Some of the replies in this thread for example are really funny!!! Some real dry wits on here.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Tim_E said:

It's way before my time here but that's amazing!

Are the stars of this thread still around? 

I was intrigued and read it to the end as my bedtime story 😅

You need to hunt out the @Mr_Bo11ox avenger collection thread, another epic well told, it includes changing tyres, by hand, in a muddy field.

2 hours ago, spartacus said:

You need to hunt out the @Mr_Bo11ox avenger collection thread, another epic well told, it includes changing tyres, by hand, in a muddy field.

This is the one! I’d 100% recommended having a read through it. @Mr_Bo11ox’s writing makes an already brilliant story even better. Nearly 10 years on, that Avenger not only still exists, but is still on the road.

I’d love to see a ‘best of Autoshite’ collection. There must be so many great threads like this from before I knew about this place.

P1000449.JPG?psid=1

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/five-men-jailed-part-investigation-12623197

Not sure if it was mentioned at the time but it appears the guy on the paperwork was a bona-fide nonce too. 

1 hour ago, barrett said:

Well that was remarkably prescient!

I think reporting a person for child sex offences on the basis that they're an eBay nob is absolutely out of order, however, this is a comedy thread on what's at times a comedy website so pinches of salt liberally applied but flipping heck, who'd have thought the car was bought from a convicted Rochdale paedophile ring offender!

Truth is often stranger than fiction.

Edit: could there be more than one Ittefaq Yousef?

3 hours ago, Tim_E said:

I think reporting a person for child sex offences on the basis that they're an eBay nob is absolutely out of order, however, this is a comedy thread on what's at times a comedy website so pinches of salt liberally applied but flipping heck, who'd have thought the car was bought from a convicted Rochdale paedophile ring offender!

Truth is often stranger than fiction.

Edit: could there be more than one Ittefaq Yousef?

They both live on Stanley street so I think it's safe to assume it's the same fella.