Worst for sale advert ever - Rover 618i auto

cort16

One of the guys who has the lockup across from mine has had this Rover 618 for the the last few years.

The tax is up at the end of the month and he doesn't want to re-tax it so he's currently taking the private plate off it then he's going to weigh it in.

I have a serious lack of facts about this car and the ones I do have I may have made up.

It's taxed until the end of the month, it has an mot of some kind but he's not sure when it runs out.  Its an auto and has a pretty sweet leather interior. Check my through window blurry pictures for details.

He washed it regularly with some kind of detergant so it need some urgent red hot mop action. Has one steel wheel as the alloy has a puncture.

Body work is okay, a previous repair is breaking through on one arch. Seems to go okay. I think it's a 2000 v plate. I don't know the mileage but I guess it's somewhere between 60 -160,000

He recons he'll get 200 quid bridge money so if you want it for that you can get it for that. Maybe it's best to send it to the bridge but seems a shame.

The car is in Ayrshire Scotchland.

post-1514-0-11807800-1408197384_thumb.jpg

post-1514-0-98172000-1408197395_thumb.jpg

I've seen far worse adverts than this. One of the pictures has the whole car in it and neither of them are upside down.
Good comfy old buses these, though I can't imagine a 618 auto is either quick or economical. If it could be got through a MOT it would be worth having, not a lot goes seriously wrong with the Honda 600s apart from tinworm.

I did suggest 200 quid from the bridge was optimistic.

It needs nuffin will fly through mot *

I guess he must have sorned it if he cancelled the insurance .

Also notice from that Dvla check it's 2.0 (if you've came for the facts you've come to the wrong place), which I guess makes it a t series . In my defence it just says 600 on the boot lid.

Also notice from that Dvla check it's 2.0 (if you've came for the facts you've come to the wrong place), which I guess makes it a t series . In my defence it just says 600 on the boot lid.

Still a Honda lump I reckon. The only 600 to come with a Rover engine was the turbo, and IIRC they never made an auto version of that.

Guest Lord Sward

Verdict: Probably would if it was an 800, and I was Lord Swardling and not in Belgium.

Wrong forum

Those 600s are GR8 and that 2.0 Honda engine is a BELTER.  I wouldn't surprised if that was ex-Jap stock.

Its the BMW engine in these right?

I was quite impressed when I took my 75 in for an MOT and the young lad who took my payment commented on how low the emissions were for a BMW engine of that mileage - and then went on to tell me that he thought the Rover L-series was a far superior engine to the M47R.  Faith in the yoof of today restored.

Just got home and was greeted by this sight

post-17414-0-37460300-1408274598_thumb.jpg

Yes, my family has returned in the ex-AngryFatha Rover of Zoom.

As expected it didn't miss a beat in over 2,000 overladen and probably hard driven miles. Fuel consumption, unless they've forgotten about a fill up , seems to be about 36/38 mpg. Didn't use a drop of oil or water and even my wife,who wasn't that keen before,but after flying out and travelling back in ithe 600, has declared.' That's not a bad car,we might as we'll keep it around as a spare' - Result! Although I've set a £100 limit for the MOT due in a few weeks (including the fee)

So, Rover 600 highly recommended A+++## ( unless it's an auto with no tax and MOT from someone thinking scrap is still at 2011 prices obvs)

I heard that they're just Mondeos underneath and Claude Lelouch used one to film Rendezvous and dubbed the Scimitar soundtrack on afterwards.