Triumph Toledo with TR7 Powah!

purplebargeken

Still plodding away, albeit slowly. Today saw the removal of the front bumper irons, headlight mounts and moar paint. Also fitted the NOS bootlid. The old one isn't too bad. It will be cleaned up and kept.

Bought a new panel to replace the rear lower valance. Easier to replace than faff around. Delivered it came to a tad over £30.

• 4 years later...

I knew that there was an original thread for this somewhere. So 'holy thread resurrection'.

Thought it'd be handy to update.

The interior has been stripped out, well, the carpet anyway. The floor pans are perfect, utterly solid. I cleaned them up and panted them with some white stone chip stuff I had lying around. 

I hopefully have a buyer for some 1300FWD wings, so that will get me the carpet I need. It'll be black to match the seats and other trim.  I will likely try and do the headlining paint trick but need to make a couple of repairs first.

The body work is 98% cleaned up and primed, I will do the rest this week, some filler sanding and a bit of touch up and the rest is surface tidying. I have tons of red oxide paint and the remainder will be used on the 2 door Tolly. I hope to paint one panel per day, the colour will be satin black. Not ideal but it will do the job. It will make any touch up easy. I just cannot do 3K onwards for a paint job.  It'll be rough and ready but concourse is not in my life anymore. 

Need to fit a tacho, move the OD switch and the fan switch still. I have a LED reversing light to fit and wire in. Tracking needed, then a tune and carb balance all via a mate in Coventry at some point.

Today saw me cleaning most of the overspray off.  Pictures tomorrow.

Orange Hub Nut sticker fitted to the boot lid.

Whilst settling down to fettle the Toledo I suddenly realised I hadn't done anything to the front end of the car.  It's not like anyone had hidden it or anything, I'd just forgotten. 

Until today.

So, front end stripped down, bumper off, side lights off, front grilles off, headlights out.  Badges off. 

Sanded down, rust killed, red oxided and painted all in one day. Helped hugely by the weather which behaved itself a lot.  I have pictures of the finished front panels on the phone but they refuse to email over to my account. Luckily I took a real camera.

LWT Rear.JPG

Red Oxide Tolly Front.JPG

I step drilled some holes in the front valance, it is an approved mod, any bit of air flow is good airflow as they say.

Okay, so the left hand side ones are a tad 'out'. I don't care.

The front bumper is a little twisted, I have a spare in the garage that I had completely forgotten about. Doh.

I like the orangey hue of the hubnut sticker, shall I go for a narrow orange pinstripe on the sides and orange MGF steelies?

I think the satin black really suits it. Orange pinstripe is a possibility which would work, but a white/silver pinstripe could also look pretty good too.

With the MGF steel wheels the black does suit it, but possibly spraying them silver could work well too. It would give it a bit of a Dolomite SE look.

Or my suggestion from a few weeks ago of putting wheel trims from a Mondeo/Vectra might be a good way of messing with people.