Drive away for £200, the cheapest of cheap shite thread

Sloth in a bowl

46 minutes ago, barefoot said:

How about an Inbetweeners style FIAT - £199, 34,000 miles, short ticket & a pink interior?

267711544_Screenshot2020-08-18at08_39_10.thumb.png.2a2d29c66cd989a337c0b213e0ada8a1.png

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2829408893825905/

Christ, that looks grim, and looking at the MoT history it's off to be made into a fridge on October 1st.

On 8/16/2020 at 11:16 AM, SteersWithThrottle said:

Says test until November? MOT history shows last tested May 2019, so it's on a Boris MOT.

At least one of those tyres looks fooked to me, not trusting my life to cracked old rubber.

That wheelarch is rotted through, that's not really "a small rust patch".

MOT history shows it's been stood for much of its life, only 10k miles in the last 13 years. Some of the fail->pass looks like a pretty lenient testing station to me, might get a nasty shock if you took it to a strict one.

Caveat emptor, as always.

it's £200 with an MOT.  Dafuq do you expect?!

15 mins with some wob, shove a part-worn on and it'll likely be ok at least until it's ticket is up.

I didn't think the rust looked that bad actually.  Certainly seen a shit-tonne worse on a £200 car.

I've had one,  boot floors, sub frame, they like to rot. MoT tester gave up at 10 failures on mine, and that was just the rust. They are so small (and fun), any corrosion is within 30cm of something important. 

You'll be able to buy it at Curry's for the same price by Xmas, but more usefully as a fridge!

9 hours ago, SiC said:

Is scrap on its arse again?

https://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metals/ferrous-metal-prices/ferrous-scrap-metal-prices-2020/

Actually they're not that bad at all at the moment.  I think half the issue is that the number of places that will take a car for actual scrap metal is now quite limited due to de-pollution rules etc, so breakers yards offer quite a bit less than weigh-in value.

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 6:11 PM, Talbot said:

https://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metals/ferrous-metal-prices/ferrous-scrap-metal-prices-2020/

Actually they're not that bad at all at the moment.  I think half the issue is that the number of places that will take a car for actual scrap metal is now quite limited due to de-pollution rules etc, so breakers yards offer quite a bit less than weigh-in value.

Car take back. At least until they do a we buy any car and get realistic about what they pay. At the moment its a sellers paradise. Get on it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I was wondering the other day about when the pre-ULEZ purge of anything old and within the NCR will start. Some prime vehicles of interest to these parts will surely be up for sale soon...