Drive away for £200, the cheapest of cheap shite thread

Sloth in a bowl

That wagon R is completely end of life. If it's smoking enough to be seen then it's not going to pass another MOT without serious engine work. Plus at least one tyre is knackered and probably not legal. The fact it isn't being driven till the MOT expires means it's most certainly fucked big style. 

Might as well flush some of your money down the toilet. 

1 hour ago, SiC said:

That wagon R is completely end of life. If it's smoking enough to be seen then it's not going to pass another MOT without serious engine work. Plus at least one tyre is knackered and probably not legal. The fact it isn't being driven till the MOT expires means it's most certainly fucked big style. 

Might as well flush some of your money down the toilet. 

Yeah, but isn't the whole point of this thread to find cars that you can run until the MOT and scrap, thus losing only a minimal amount of money?

I didn't realise we were looking for long term investments in the cesspool that is the sub-£200 market :);) 

12 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Yeah, but isn't the whole point of this thread to find cars that you can run until the MOT and scrap, thus losing only a minimal amount of money?

I didn't realise we were looking for long term investments in the cesspool that is the sub-£200 market :);) 

It’s not about buying absolute scrap either though is it - if it hasn’t got a hope in hell of even lasting til it’s MOT never mind passing another, what’s the point? Plenty of cheap shitters out there. 

5 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

It’s not about buying absolute scrap either though is it - if it hasn’t got a hope in hell of even lasting til it’s MOT never mind passing another, what’s the point? Plenty of cheap shitters out there. 

Perhaps I'm biased as I know the person, but it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Now a certain Honda Civic I once owned (briefly), that was  'absolute scrap' ?

Got his today. 1 months test and over 6 months tax on it. Located a 5 min walk from my house so no collection thread business. 

No rust as is generally the way here on old things. 1.1 pez, 4x4 works well. Stereo doesnt and it smells like a pack of dogs smoked a pack of cigs in it but there ya go. I will post a bit more about it in another thread but since it worked out at about at an  extorsionate £225 after exchange rate is applied i figured it could be mentioned here 

IMG-20190903-WA0009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...