Drive away for £200, the cheapest of cheap shite thread

Sloth in a bowl

Not quite £200 as I had to shell out £250 for this heap of Yaris. It is a 1.3 SR mind with a mot until December. It looks far worse in the metal, the headlights have cataracts and the paint has faded badly on the bonnet. On the plus side the engine runs well but the steering leaves a lot to be desired, not helped by the slick front tyres. I will stick it on the ramp on Monday to see if it is worth fixing up as a loan car.

post-5515-0-80075800-1538246682_thumb.jpg

post-5515-0-50057700-1538246711_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite £200 as I had to shell out £250 for this heap of Yaris. It is a 1.3 SR mind with a mot until December. It looks far worse in the metal, the headlights have cataracts and the paint has faded badly on the bonnet. On the plus side the engine runs well but the steering leaves a lot to be desired, not helped by the slick front tyres. I will stick it on the ramp on Monday to see if it is worth fixing up as a loan car.

attachicon.gifyaris.jpg

attachicon.gifyaris1.jpg

So much for a cheap car. The previous owner had spent a lot on bottom suspension arms and exhaust (which still blows on the joins) but was a bit tight on the brakes only fitting pads when the discs were shagged. The spend on it is certainly adding up now, new discs, new tyres, new headlights at 30 quid each. I also sorted the bent o/s door window regulator and gave it a service. How did it repay me for all the love ? The poxy clutch started to slip so it now has a new clutch. The £250 cheapy is now into 400 odd quid but it does drive a lot nicer now but still looks shit.

So much for a cheap car. The previous owner had spent a lot on bottom suspension arms and exhaust (which still blows on the joins) but was a bit tight on the brakes only fitting pads when the discs were shagged. The spend on it is certainly adding up now, new discs, new tyres, new headlights at 30 quid each. I also sorted the bent o/s door window regulator and gave it a service. How did it repay me for all the love ? The poxy clutch started to slip so it now has a new clutch. The £250 cheapy is now into 400 odd quid but it does drive a lot nicer now but still looks shit.

Problem with these I reckon - “they’re so reliable those old Toyotas” = neglected big time

Should be a decent long lasting thing once it’s finished though!

Mine had a weak alternator (ie fucked) but my rear breaks were the opposite, they weren't connected up when I bought it.

Still would (even if it is rotten to fuck around the inner rear wheel arches) if I didn't fancy a divorce after 33 years of slavery...

I have nothing to post, but if you are using car take back or dealing direct with you local scrap yard, I suspect that G

You would get 100 to 150 for most cars.

Thus if you are buying a car with 3 to six months MOT for 200 quid and refusing to spend anything else on it, it probably works out cheaper than walking.