Guest mk1rota

Hey there just joined up coming from South Island of New Zealand

Im a tractor mechanic & just finished building up the Mk1 estate 'below

It has a Mazda 12a rotary engine Rx7 5spd gearbox & rx7 disc brake diff

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome, that’s quite a machine! Early grille etc too?I’m guilty of posting the odd tractor here, judging by the background to your pic’s you work with fairy modern stuff I take it?Would love to see photos of anything you see, random Japanese imports would please me as much as the ‘normal’ old stuff. I don’t think we have anyone else from NZ do we?

Welcome - that is a seriously gorgeous Cortina, like Mr 55 I love Mk1 Cortinas and am kicking myself now for not getting a good one in the late 90s, when half decent non GT/Lotus models could be had for around £1000. I understand NZ is full of old Brit stuff such as Fords, Rootes, Vauxhalls and BMC. Is the guy with about 8 morris marinas on here or retro rides? - he's from NZ.

Wow. :shock: That is one impressive vehicle. Don't think I've ever seen a Tina fitted with a rotary before. And the rest of the car looks superb too. As KruJoe said, I think you should post pictures of this beastie on the Readers' Rides section of RetroRides - I think there are several people over there who will need to change their trousers after viewing those pics...