3.0 Diesel Saab 9_5s. Total shit or nicely shite?

Lankytim

Ive noticed that the above are getting very cheap and are now firmly in the bargain banger category. I had a petrol 95 and it was awesome apart from having to pay for petrol, does the 3 litre V6 combine power with economy? Are they unreliable crap?

INPUT PLZ

When I had my Aero I bought some bits from a guy breaking a 3.0. It had shat itself big time and when it was running barely got better MPG than my Aero. I'd say avoid and get an Aero-28ish real world MPG and 240bhp complete with all the toys to keep you amused.

Or in true Autoshite style get a 9000 Aero, they're even better.

Don't know about the 3.0 diesels but my boss had an 04 plate 9-3 2.2 TID with 120K on it, nice big car, not much bother with it until it started struggling to start after being sat at work all week and then running rough, taking a few attempts to start and his mechanic said it needed a new fuel pump at 1300 quid for the part and apparently they are coded to the car as well so would've needed a trip to a main dealer too, it got scrapped. Although I thought the 2.2 TID was the GM/Vauxhall 2.2 DTi engine which is almost identical to the 2.0 DTi which my old man had no bother with in 230K in a Vectra so might just be your Donald Duck.

My boss now has a 100K mile 57 plate facelift 9-3 1.9 120bhp diesel and its a heap of junk tbh, it's needed alsorts replaced on it in the year he's had it, alternator, EGR valve, issues with inlet manifold and the gearbox, same issues as similar Vauxhalls tbh. So much for Saab taking Vauxhall stuff and redesigning it to make it better and more reliable