Some German spots

Wackeldackel

1980 450sel, parked at where I'm currently working. In my opinion one of the only cars that looks half reasonable with the chrome wheelarch trims. The guy driving it saw me perving and told me he bought it from an old lady dirt cheap, spent a small bit of money on it and now it has oldtimer status its worth pots of money, was a bit of a smug smarmy wanker but then again, if I were floating around in a motor like this I'd probably be a bit smug too.

20141002_140149.jpg

20141002_140143.jpg

Stranded Wartburg spotted last Saturday afternoon. Looked fairly tidy but had been dragged (see towrope under front bumper) to the bit of waste ground down the road from where I live. Went by on the Sunday and it was gone, hopefully assume repaired at the roadside.

20140927_153559.jpg

20140927_153551.jpg

20140927_153607_1.jpg

Weißer benz, nicht für sale! He knows that one's worth keeping, I did tentatively tap him up about it but he said he wants that for when he's retired.

Will ask about the BMW bike, should be seeing the owner this week as he's buying some second hand streetlights from the site I'm currently working on.

Some GR9 pidgin german there Herr Hairnet!

Stranded Wartburg spotted last Saturday afternoon. Looked fairly tidy but had been dragged (see towrope under front bumper) to the bit of waste ground down the road from where I live. Went by on the Sunday and it was gone, hopefully assume repaired at the roadside.

Insert pics of sexy Wartburg

Ooh! A camping!

• 2 weeks later...

Trabant 601S (S is for Sonderwunsch - the DDR equivalent of a GLS) kombi/estate version. Its on a normal numberplate instead of a H plate (Historic vehicle, Oldtimer) as its cheaper to tax as a normal vehicle due to the dinky 2 cylinder engine. Nicely restored and in regular use too.

20141015_173408.jpg

20141015_173417.jpg

• 1 month later...

Daily driver by the looks of it, lots of pay and display tickets, cig ash on the seats. I'm no citroen expert and I can't determine age going on reg number, anybody on here any ideas how old this may be judging by trim, bumpers, lights etc?

20141116_133115.jpg

20141116_133108.jpg

20141116_133127.jpg

I could see this on an A to C plate, mid 80s would be my guess...