No gameshow Bin or buy anymore. more tinker time with added renault teaser

garbaldy

I have been told of a skoda octavia 1.9tdi going to be scraped if no takers, it is a 2000 on an X has mot to march 15 and 3 months tax, its showing 200k miles and sounds as sweet as any diesel can sound. It is in green has four new changwangchong tyres, little bit of rust showing on tailgate and back door, both back doors won't open and one window jammed up with paper. So the big question is do I save it or let it get crushed.

Well... I wouldn't call it 'saving', because nobody on here is going to cry if an X-plate Octavia becomes beanz cans.

I would call it recognising that any running car with 9 months test and a bit of tax is DEFINITELY worth scrap money. Give it a go, if you don't like the way it drives or can't possibly find a use for it, you shouldn't have much trouble selling it on to a fellow Autoshitter.

If you're willing to deal with the infamous "Mongus Vulgaris eBayi", you may even make a small profit !

Depends how much is being asked for it.

Plenty of MOT and some tax, however mileage and other issues go against it.

£300 tops methinks - if it shits itself and you have to bridge it you would be looking at £170.

Thanks chaps sounds like its not worth the bother and on that note I offered the guy £150 and he said no but £200 would take it.

Going to give it a miss though as with that milage not many would be willing to buy it.

I was looking for a cheapo octavia quite recently as they are VEG FRIENDLY. Too far away for me though, and I think i'm going to keep my XM a while longer.

You would get much more than £200 on the bay, so why not buy it and punt it on?

Well if it's still there I'll come and collect it, it would tide me over a sticky patch, car-wise. I've lent my everyday chod to friends with a Xantia which has shredded its cambelt, the other half-roadworthy machine needs £££ for its MoT which I haven't got at the moment so this would be ideal.

Have sent you a message, garbaldy.

It sounds like a no brainer at that price...

And if the window motor works and it doesn't sound like it's crunching up the wires on the regulator it's normally just a couple of plastic clips and it's quite a common problem on old VAG cars as they get brittle with age.

But it's cheap to fix I did mine on my old A4 and isn't a bad job just make sure you get the right ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-window-regulator-repair-kit-clips-Front-right-228-230-/141126084425?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20dbc52749

Non-PD engines (which an Octavia of that age will be) loves the vegetarian juice although my workmate used to have trouble in the winter on a stingy mix.

I've got a head in the shed for one so go ahead and play cambelt roulette, I can hook you up for free if you lose.

They're OK really. Make you feel like a cabbie but they munch miles and you won't lose out much even if it lasts three miles and grenades the gearbox through the roof.