eBay Lexicon

Junkman

"I've removed the engine and gearbox but the car is complete" - I've removed the engine and gearbox but the car is complete, apart from all the useful stuff I've removed that you won't know about until you get home and find out, which I will then put on eBay, as I'm a crafty shit, also I haven't simply unplugged a connector, I've cut it off. On the car side of course. Oh, I also took the wipers as spares.

I've had this happen, on arrival and viewing the "project" it became apparent the car had been dismantled by Garth using just his teeth and on the day his wife left him, so you know his mind was elsewhere.

When I pointed out that all the "interface items" (throttle linkages, exhaust downpipe, coolant hoses, loom, engine mounts, propshaft yoke) where damaged beyond repair and would cost me another small fortune to replace, the vendor shrugged as though using a gas torch to remove an engine was perfectly normal.

the twat.

"CAR HAS EXTREMELY LOW MILAGE (sic) AND HAS BEEN GARAGED FOR 20 YEARS SO IS PERFECT AND NEEDS NOTHING."

Right, except a full exhaust, rubbers, bushes, new brake and fuel lines, tyres, brakes, steering components and a full service before you can actually use it on the road. 

I was ejected from a seller's house for trying to negotiate the price down on an obscenely mint Piazza that hadn't seen the road in a long time. It had its original Dunlop D7s. From 1987. 

"Future investment opportunity - prices are only going one way, grab it now before it's too late."

The sun will exhaust all its fuel in around five billion years, even then your opportunity will be worth no more than now - which is fuck all.

Relisted due to timewaster = Everybody that came to look wanted to give me a slap because my lies in the ad wasted their time.

I'm giving someone else the opportunity to restore blah blah blah = It's fucked.....like REALLY fucked!!!

From a deceased estate/previous owner now deceased = They tried to restore this too......and this it what it did to them.

*New Brakes / Clutch / Tyres / Just Serviced*

Yeah right because everyone does that just before selling a car. Its either had the above work done about 2 years ago, or a dealer is talking out his ass.

Eeep. I shan't mention that I've done that on the 300C then...

A 300C shouldn't have a clutch.

AKSHUALLY IT HAS SEVERAL.

(sort of. A/C compressor count as well as lockup/reverse in the box?)

(( Seriously though, I have literally just done the rear brakes and am about to do the front and an oil/filter change, just as putting it on eBay and maybe Pistonheads - because the whole point of it is selling a car which has hardly any miles and has been loved, and I'm hoping to get a decent amount more than the settlement to buy out the HP )).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...