Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

TELEMMGLPICT000214717278_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqx4vR2IB_dSRJm9BlXEQNLP6IzyXCZGzsl3ePsXaEvmc.jpeg

RIP Dennis Waterman, one of my TV heroes as a kid. 

Loved watching the old Flying Squad when I was younger with my Dad, great memories those. Dad fondly remembers seeing the series back in the 70's on Thames, a great bit of nostalgia for him as my Grandad had a Ford Consul when it first aired.

Absolutely gutted to hear the news today. 

7 hours ago, georgeinabz said:

The wings didn't last a year in the UK , I would imagine the boat journey alone would have had the tin worm breeding like mad

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

I don’t think they salt the roads in Finland, probably lasted longer than in the UK.

1 hour ago, J W Pepper said:

The old bus station in my town which was demolished a few years ago and a new station built into the railway station because people are too bone idle to walk 5 minutes

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Newest cars I can spot are a Ford 100E or Phase 2 Vanguard which would make that 1954 or just after. 

Pre-MoT days when a lot of really old cars hung on Post-War.

5 hours ago, J W Pepper said:

The old bus station in my town which was demolished a few years ago and a new station built into the railway station because people are too bone idle to walk 5 minutes

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

image.png.27e92133e5e7a350a12aaa5b5b9fe770.png

image.thumb.png.a9e5171633116bac4c0ad2420f2c3a6e.png

5 hours ago, adw1977 said:

What's going on with the car on the right?  It seems to have only one headlight, really low down.

Is that not the sort of lighting allowed in war time? I think pic is post war but obviously some people used the same car and never changed the lights .

11 hours ago, adw1977 said:

What's going on with the car on the right?  It seems to have only one headlight, really low down.

Weren't they called "pass lights"? They were meant to illuminate the kerb for about 50 yards in front of the car. I'm not sure about this, but when I was a child (early 1960s) I vaguely remember 'buses having these large lamps mounted low down and on the near-side, angled towards the kerb.