Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

Can anyone join in?

Here are some pics of a transporter that stripped its diff on Ightham Hill late seventies/early eighties, probably due to the weight of the cargo

6603080293_caafe3879a_z.jpg

1936 Mercedes 540K Cabriolet by DSdriver, on Flickr

10175274456_9255b4c221_z.jpg

breakdown broken down by DSdriver, on Flickr

10082555765_45244c9296_z.jpg

Bugatti 5 by DSdriver, on Flickr

more to follow later if you want

Compared with this...

post-4845-0-75958000-1401673063.png

...modern Monaco really is a bling-infested shithole that tasteful architecture forgot.

Exactly. We forget how much our increased rate of development has, in part, ruined our towns and cities. One of the reasons I love b&w photography is that so often it shows our world on the brink of the oil age, where plastic hasn't yet been invented, larger buildings are planned and built with care since there is a lot more effort goes into erecting them and consumption and house prices isn't the tool used for economic progress.

Can anyone join in?

Of course - it would be good if we stuck to authentic black and white images, should we start a black and white film thread too? If the photos are your own then so much the better.

If any pics start a debate then so much the better - a pic may be as good as 1000 words but a few words can make a picture really live.

Most of my photography was in black and white because we had our own darkrooms at work for dev and print. I had two Olympus cameras in a aluminium case, one with b&w film and the other with colour. The rest of the box was filled up with lenses and filters. Colour camera was mainly used for family pics - or 'im'n'ers as they were called - thats 'im, thats 'er.

My last post went a bit strange so I edited it. Probably something to do with trying to post whilst eating a bowl of jammy sponge pudding and custard.

So here are some of the pics I tried to post last time

10082514924_3684c35cc4_z.jpgBugatti 3 by DSdriver, on Flickr

10082592236_ced9252360_z.jpgBugatti 4 by DSdriver, on Flickr

10082553265_67c1989bbf_z.jpgBugatti 6 by DSdriver, on Flickr