Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

1 hour ago, Bfg said:

In 1936 this too would have been something exceptional  ..not least because the wings were streamlined into the body tub, which with its art~deco architectural influences were very advanced for car styling of the day. 

Unfortunately the designer appears to have lacked he ability to sketch in 3d. 

Oh well, looks like it's back to the Bugatti for all of us dreamers...

5 hours ago, Andrew353w said:

Westward T.V. was established by Sir Peter Cadbury (he of the chocolate fame) and it was a great company, with an interest in the local area. T.S.W. (Television South West) who gained the franchise in 1982 were never as good at the local stuff. 

I heard he never forgave the IBA for not including Bristol in Westward's coverage, instead creating the HTV West sub-region.

9 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

I heard he never forgave the IBA for not including Bristol in Westward's coverage, instead creating the HTV West sub-region.

You have a point there. My late grand-father and father ran an electrical retail business in Bideford and were enthusiastic supporters of Sir Peter Cadbury and his plans-not least since a good local T.V. franchise would encourage sales of T.V.s! KERCHING! 

Oddly north Devon (but not the rest of the county) had the relative luxury of tow I.T.V. franchises; Westward T.V. from Plymouth and (as it was) T.W.W. (Television Wales and the West) from Bristol, which was transmitted from South Wales. 

I appreciate I've gone "off piste" rather here, so will take my anorak from under the pile of coats in the spare room and take my leave......