Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

24 minutes ago, martc said:

image.thumb.png.e8733ff7564aeb4b044ab5e24c8980f8.png

White Knight laundry in Kensal Road, that there London. They also, naturally for a laundry, ran a filling station across the road. The London site closed in 2005 and they moved to Tenby where they still operate.

Um I don't think that's the same White Knight - the commercial laundry firm above went to the wall a few years ago.

13 hours ago, Austat said:

328828441_751658706389715_7773599536656344062_n.thumb.jpeg.20e6c3e7c3750ce2e792fef435bd9fd8.jpeg

I know of two Zuiderpilen in NL. One in Rotterdam is nothing like this so this looks to be Leeuwarden. I like that city.

9 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Cycling on wet cobbles - fun* - Allegro being out-accelerated off the roundabout by the cyclists too - nice

These are brick pavers and can be found in many streets in The Netherlands.

13 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I know of two Zuiderpilen in NL. One in Rotterdam is nothing like this so this looks to be Leeuwarden. I like that city.

These are brick pavers and can be found in many streets in The Netherlands.

Last time I was in The Netherlands was back in 2010 and me & Mrs E stayed in Heeze, just south of Eindhoven. Took our pedal bikes with us and were quite confused when:

(1) cars gave way to us at the roundabout (was really cool once we got shown the ropes by the ten year old daughter of our hosts)

(2) all the old folks on their bikes were zipping past us on their way to the shops.

Turns out electric bikes were a thing there already - don't think I'd even seen one in the UK.