Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

4 minutes ago, Andrew353w said:

Yes, I agree the front 3/4 angle has a distinctly Moskvich look to it, but the rear panels are too big, so my money's on the Opel, too.

I think the Moskvich had larger wheelarches than that, and had a bit more style than the Opels.  What's the script on the rear wing though?  

31 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

I think the Moskvich had larger wheelarches than that, and had a bit more style than the Opels.  What's the script on the rear wing though?  

They quite often had the model name 'Olympia' on the rear flanks.  I think it denotes a higher trim level than the standard Rekord.   

Edit: Another possibility is 'CaRaVan' which was used on the estate version, on which the van was based.  However, the only photographs I can find with a scripted van say 'olympia.'

Edited by RayMK
more info.

2 hours ago, martc said:

Also, I think the panelled in estate could be a Moskvitch 412 - but the panels should be corrugated... unless it's a trick of the light and they are. Oh, and the rear wing doesn't look quite right. So if not a Moskvitch, what is it?

As others have said i am also pretty sure the van on the right is an Opel Rekord like below.

1053249476_Screenshot2022-07-3014_35_12.png.d448190ea3082d08f9ce4eb425207847.png

17 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Oslo Norway 1960s

829569733_Screenshot2022-07-2922_40_23.thumb.png.af108aaaad58256967f52941ffb85686.png

This like so many  others on this thread is a great picture but I sometimes wonder why it was taken in the first place. I mean what was it a picture of? There are lots of pictures here that seem to be of random car parks which is great for us 60 years later but we wouldn't go out and take a photo of a modern car park now. But if we did somebody in 2082 would be gushing about the Hyundai i10 like their grandad used to have. 

So fair play to all those people who had the foresight to take pictures of what must have been rather dull street scenes at the time. Especially back in the 60s when every picture taken would have cost a measurable amount of money. Everyone films everything these days so I actually doubt that people looking back in 60 years from now will look at todays pictures the way we look at these. 

Anyway, keep up the good work. 

2 hours ago, Christine said:

E0FE4DED-6D02-4CFA-A7B2-F32F52B2928B-1-658x365.jpeg

15 minutes ago, martc said:

Are you there @LightBulbFun ?

Yeah I am, its an interesting one! I THINK thats a Barrett, specifically a lower spec Barrett M15 but I have sent the image to check with Stuart :) 

(its rather topical as I was just discussing Barretts with Stuart the other day)

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yeah I am, its an interesting one! I THINK thats a Barrett, specifically a lower spec Barrett M15 but I have sent the image to check with Stuart :) 

(its rather topical as I was just discussing Barretts with Stuart the other day)

Barretts  house ?   No it's just a post war  prefab . They built thousands of them as temporary housing  just after WW2. See Isle of Dogs ...hundreds of them , in rows upon rows  . That poor lady probably had her legs blown off by a German bomb .. and lost her house , and pet dog . So she was given a prefab and new dog like most of them . That' s why it's got  called  Isle of Dogs ( I love dogs...)   get it ?  maybe..

1 hour ago, Christine said:

Barretts  house ?   No it's just a post war  prefab . They built thousands of them as temporary housing  just after WW2. See Isle of Dogs ...hundreds of them , in rows upon rows  . That poor lady probably had her legs blown off by a German bomb .. and lost her house , and pet dog . So she was given a prefab and new dog like most of them . That' s why it's got  called  Isle of Dogs ( I love dogs...)   get it ?  maybe..

Barrett as in, W&F Barrett, M15 Invalid carriage! Powered by a 147cc Villiers engine hence M15, there was also the 250cc version the Barrett M25, Ministry of Health Model 41 (I dont know if the M15 was also Model 41/issued by the Ministry or not)

one of the predecessors to the Barrett Minor and Barrett Midget! :) the later of which can be seen top right in keeping with the eye catching black and white theme :) 

20210901_151600.jpg