Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

Did they get a stipend or something on top of the wage for that? A car must have been a big deal(and seriously expensive) at that time.

4 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

In Norway, police officers in rural areas had to use their own cars for work. The police sign on the roof was set up when they were at work and laid flat when the car was in private use. Unsure when this ended but my dad has memories from his youth where the local police officer used his own diesel Blubird in police service so it lasted a while.

650791720_Screenshot2021-12-3015_34_29.thumb.png.a74a544a372ef5230bec6b3a4c88cd73.png

32 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Did they get a stipend or something on top of the wage for that? A car must have been a big deal(and seriously expensive) at that time.

I simply do not know. Have searched but can not find any information about this. Also find nothing about how widespread this was and how long this lasted. But would assume that they got paid to use their car at work.

On 30/12/2021 at 15:41, martc said:

image.png.88560b5797bb7833e7240340342bf78b.png

1925 ish Morgan Grand Prix with a water-cooled Blackburne V-twin engine. The occupants are ‘Chris + Mrs Chris’ according to the pencil notes on the back.

I’ve not seen a Morgan with a gas lighting set before. Mrs Chris in charge of acetylene flow.

5 hours ago, Andrew353w said:

I think (think...) that's a Skoda Tudor van, but I'm not sure!

You could be correct.. I thought it was a Peugeot

The image was taken in the Netherlands.

2 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Didn’t the Tudor have wood panelling like a Morris Minor traveller but painted black and white? 

I think that was only the estate version. Images of vans are hard to find on the web. But this page shows some comparisons in the body styles.

https://www.automobilrevue.cz/rubriky/presunuto-na-trucker-cz-truck-bus/historie/skoda-1101-1102-2-dil-tudory-v-pracovnim_48213.html