Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

59 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Thanks. The VPN I use does not have Norway on the list. I will try and find it elsewhere.

If you are interested in something like this, a documentary has also been made about the history and escape of Jan Baalsrud as the film the 12th man is based on. The documentary goes into more detail and the entire route is repeated by 1 from the Norwegian Army and 1 from the Norwegian Navy. This one says that is available in the whole world but is worse with subtitles so you may have to learn Norwegian.

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/i-jan-baalsruds-fotspor/sesong/1/episode/6/avspiller

1 hour ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

.....the history and escape of Jan Baalsrud as the film the 12th man is based on. ...

My late friend and I watched that over a year ago. It was a proper psychological thriller in the sense that we did wonder if the Nazis would catch him. We were rivetted from start to finish.

10 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I am quite familiar with everything that unfolded in April 1940 and was several things but mostly that Norway is then as now as incompetent as it is possible to become. They were told early on that German warships were heading north and they did little. They also had a mobilization order for the army but it was sent out too late and by mail. There is a good TV series called Allied and Alone (Alliert og alene)  that covers the invasion from those who were to defend the country and it gives me chills I really feel sorry for the poor people who were in this.

Apart from Quisling; he was a treasonous dick.

9 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

My late friend and I watched that over a year ago. It was a proper psychological thriller in the sense that we did wonder if the Nazis would catch him. We were rivetted from start to finish.

Yes it is an absolutely incredible story and so one almost does not think it is true but it is. It is a pity that the documentary about this story is not available in English as it goes into more detail.

The area where I live first tractor. Think it's a Fordson? It was eventually used to run a sawmill, something it did for many years. Do not think it has survived. The owner was a farmer and forest owner who lived from 1895 to 1993.

143781876_4956388114433400_5208429171504586030_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=TlIj50lJC0MAX-328bz&_nc_ht=scontent-cph2-1.xx&oh=e2cbbdaa025f0d3f8f9eddc7b336f971&oe=61671B5A

This is not a vehicle related image but include it since this is the same person with one of his timber stacks sometime in the 50's. Everything was chopped, barked and stacked by hand. The only aid was a horse. And the timber was floated down the river in the spring / summer. Really hard work.

Kan være et bilde av mat og tre

Helping my parents sort through some very old photos, one album from a distant family member had several photos of this car in various places.  None of them are particularly clear, I know nothing about cars of this era and couldn't even be sure which decade they're from, I'm guessing 1920s-1930s perhaps.

Can anyone ID the car?  I have no idea at all.

20210912_174648.thumb.jpg.99796d348b97ffa9f00a5952016d4dd3.jpg

20210912_174655.thumb.jpg.3dae6fb90446fb1eabd035025c3e8746.jpg

6 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

YN issued in London in 1926.

Ah thank you, that makes sense, the family were based in London at that time.  They seemed to be quite well off at that time, so I'm guessing the car is quite a posh one but I have pretty much zero knowledge of pre-war cars past knowing what a Ford Model T looks like.

6 hours ago, phil_lihp said:

Ah thank you, that makes sense, the family were based in London at that time.  They seemed to be quite well off at that time, so I'm guessing the car is quite a posh one but I have pretty much zero knowledge of pre-war cars past knowing what a Ford Model T looks like.

First thoughts were a Crossley tourer (14 or 15 or something like that) because of the radiator grille but after looking at a few pics I don't think I was right at all.

2 hours ago, D.E said:

Looks American. Mid 1920s Oldsmobile Model 30?

Good find.  Check out 1926 Buick Master.  (Pic deliberately reversed).

ojVTB4r.jpg

lurgL2W.jpg

Still just a guess.   Maybe check out other 1926 General Motors models.

A Buick would have been a serious chunk of cash in 1926.  95 years ago.

17 hours ago, phil_lihp said:

Narrows down identifying old cars a little bit, sometimes.

https://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/registrations/reg-letters.htm

Meicr4G.jpg

Aftermarket padded fibreglass dash top designed for Cortina 1500GT gauges and a Mk1 Cortina 1500GT/Lotus armrest console.  Wonder what engine it had.  I'd be disappointed if I didn't hear the bark of twin 40s.

8bs1qiX.jpg

XywLgZm.jpg

Just needs Deep Purple 'Smoke On The Water' at full volume.

41zgnY9.jpg

qURuxlA.jpg

Then converted to side windows.  Those banded rims must have been heavy.  Bit of negative camber at the front there, what a fantastic period van.

1 hour ago, JeeExEll said:

Meicr4G.jpg

Aftermarket padded fibreglass dash top designed for Cortina GT gauges and Mk1 Cortina GT/Lotus armrest console.  Wonder what engine it had.

8bs1qiX.jpg

XywLgZm.jpg

Just needs Deep Purple 'Smoke On The Water' at full volume.

41zgnY9.jpg

qURuxlA.jpg

Converted to side windows.  Those rims must have been heavy.

Very Carlos Fandango.