Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

Viewers of a nervous disposition should look away, there's going to be an accident...

I think we should film it -

image.png.9cb752ea8c5e147fb1b9c4abc849773a.png

Are you ready? Someone is about to come a cropper,

image.png.578c1c1866121fcf0f200319ac6dd4ea.png

is it Evil Kinevil above, showing off to the girls (off screen) or someone else?

image.thumb.png.e16ffdf9f1ac19a21ec3a1a22ed92535.png

It was someone else, luckily she is wearing all the safety equipment available at the time.

Around the world, in B&W

image.png.f984b8a18c5c9fc57be7cfd55e302e52.png

'Nischelgasse' (Das Karl-Marx-Monument) Chemnitz (nee Karl-Marx-Stadt), Germany (nee DDR), unveiled in 1971, sculptor Lev Efimovich Gerbel.

I've stood in the very same spot as the photographer and witnessed the rider of a Simson Swallow being knicked by the VP for speeding!

image.png.18efa926af6a01a26a483c6375f6ca19.png

May Day demonstration in Moscow, USSR, 1930. Smelly.

image.png.7b968809498692a9646f69510335759d.png

Not sure, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

image.png.e30faa53afecf9786c8893a4431753f5.png

Spar corner shop, Bolton, 1975.

32 minutes ago, JeeExEll said:

nDZT13U.jpg

That's a great pic.

I can remember custom cars like that, usually in some lurid colour with a fake fur interior & no doubt full of "plastic padding" covering the rot. 

The other thing is that Range Rover, am I the only one who sees an original Bache 2 door with its clean classy styling  & just can't believe how far the current Rangie's have fallen with their bloated styling, naff detailing & shit low profile tyres on huge alloys - they now look just sad somehow ?

In the early 80s, when I had not long started secondary school, a young lad who I think was an apprentice mechanic used to terrorise the local streets in a  jacked up Mk2 1600E just like this.  It was a S1 in dark midnight blue with the 4 instruments on the dash top and it had a V6 Essex, wolfrace slot mags (slots painted red), black film windows, huge furry seat covers, and for some reason he'd cut the bottom edges of the over-large home-made rear mudflaps in a jaggy pattern with a hacksaw.  A red light lit up the rear underside at night to reveal a standard axle painted bright red.  The leaf springs were painted gold (!!!???) and the extended spring shackes were chrome (wow!!).  It also had sidepipes and a CB radio.

17 minutes ago, JeeExEll said:

In the early 80s, when I had not long started secondary school, a young lad who I think was an apprentice mechanic used to terrorise the local streets in a  jacked up Mk2 1600E just like this.  It was a S1 in dark midnight blue with the 4 instruments on the dash top and it had a V6 Essex, wolfrace slot mags (slots painted red), black film windows, huge furry seat covers, and for some reason he'd cut the bottom edges of the over-large home-made rear mudflaps in a jaggy pattern with a hacksaw.  A red light lit up the rear underside at night to reveal a standard axle painted bright red.  The leaf springs were painted gold (!!!???) and the extended spring shackes were chrome (wow!!).  And it had sidepipes.

Extended spring shackles, yep they were chrome.

We did that on a mate of mine's 1.3 Marina... not surprisingly jacking up the back end made the handling worse & it  looked horrific !😂

On 4/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, Remspoor said:

blechynden-mews-12-9-66.thumb.jpg.fe435ef9a2bf79737461d5e9aa71b284.jpg

This looks like a scene from an early 1960s black and white cops and robbers  “B” movie, with lines like “blimey, mate, the rozzers are coming-better jump in the Rover and ‘op it quick! Leave the gear in the van!”