Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

5 hours ago, Remspoor said:

MAP671.jpg

Oh that messed me up slightly, as I was looking at that photo in my thread just before I went to bed yesterday, and I had thought for a moment that I accidentally clicked the wrong button when I woke up this morning!

here are some more photos from the same source, they all of Heywood in the early-mid 1970's :) 

Heywood was the DHSS's main stores, where all spare parts and spare/reserve Invalid vehicles where kept etc IIRC they had over 2000 invalid vehicles stashed away as you see here at one point in time!

all up on racks and in a line like this! would have loved to have been able to visit it in its prime

On 9/27/2019 at 8:41 PM, LightBulbFun said:

*cracks knuckles*

MAP672.jpg

note the the towing eye on the AC Acedes Mk15's thats are not present on the Mk14 and the Model 70 :) 

MAP671.thumb.jpg.c0f485e86417f00b11a8f2e23718af79.jpg

someone left the indicators on one of the Model 70's!

MAP674.thumb.jpg.05bc9fb240a7844c66f31d4d1e7e164b.jpg

and where wheelchairs go to die!

MAP673.thumb.jpg.171efe0647d2f6d486fd2777f793b829.jpg

IIRC Julian got a chance to visit in the 1990s and snapped some pictures would be very cool to see those some day :) 

On 7/20/2020 at 1:58 PM, LightBulbFun said:

Oh that messed me up slightly, as I was looking at that photo in my thread just before I went to bed yesterday, and I had thought for a moment that I accidentally clicked the wrong button when I woke up this morning!

here are some more photos from the same source, they all of Heywood in the early-mid 1970's :) 

Heywood was the DHSS's main stores, where all spare parts and spare/reserve Invalid vehicles where kept etc IIRC they had over 2000 invalid vehicles stashed away as you see here at one point in time!

all up on racks and in a line like this! would have loved to have been able to visit it in its prime

Sorry I missed that post. I was searching for something else and as usual unrelated images get thrown in. This i thought was a cracker. The link was not from this forum.

Just went back of my browsing history. I found it here.

https://pro.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult&STID=2S5RYDWRKHAD#/SearchResult&STID=2S5RYDWRKHAD&VBID=2K1HZOBNAYY33L

Now I have found this "odd" one.

PAR45047.jpg

2 hours ago, martc said:

Interesting inclusion of a HBOL amongst the Castrol Cares publications, did they have a sponsorship deal with them? I recall that Castrol products appeared prominently in old issues.

I've been scanning a few old adverts from issues of Practical Motorist.

19 hours ago, JimH said:

This picture appeared on the BBC website earlier. I thought it was rather splendid.

Hk1vE6K.jpg 

Rather sad photo really.

For those not in the know, the baby in the push car is Damon Hill. I'm sure several of them died after the photo was taken.

From the left Bruce McLaren (killed testing Can-Am car at Goodwood), Stirling Moss (recently deceased of natural causes), Tony Brooks (still alive)

Graham Hill (killed plane crash Elstree golf course) Jo Bonnier (killed Le Mans crash) and I don't know who the last chap is

On 7/20/2020 at 12:58 PM, LightBulbFun said:

Great photos, thanks for posting those.

On 7/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, martc said:

Believe it or not its either a Renault Nervastella, often used by statesmen, including the President of France. Details here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Nervastella

1935 Renault Nervastella Grand Sport Cabriolet (ABM3) retro hf ...

Or, when you start to look into big Renaults from the 30's, it could well be a 1936 Renault Viva Grand Sport Coach Decapotable. 

1935 Renault Viva Grand Sport - Google Search ...

Big car or small people?