Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

10 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

A8423716-FEE5-4996-B8EC-51CC9E3E16CC.jpeg.252a5722d525175c293edc1c488b36a0.jpeg

The gutter shows how much oil cars used to drop in those days. I can remember a drip tray under all my parents cars. Something you don't see so much these days.

DM is a Flintshire registration I think - but the townscape looks like London. The Zephyrs were big cars in those days - now seem quite compact in this modern world of monster cars.

Yes south Africa used the Essex V6 until end of 90,s

They used the 1.6 ohv ( they only used the 2.0 ohc ( never the 1.6 ohc) post 77 when the MK4 cortina debuted the MK3 had the 2.0 Essex V4)right through the Sierra range plus the Essex V6 with efi ,4 SPD auto & 5spd manual.

Plus a 3.4 Essex V6 in Mazda pick-ups into the early 00's I believe.

You could even get the Essex in VW vans with VW warranty on vehicle & ford one on engine! Must've been fun with that hung out the back!

I know of one early 1.6 ohv Sierra hatch & several 3.0 ones here in the UK.

18 hours ago, lesapandre said:

The gutter shows how much oil cars used to drop in those days. I can remember a drip tray under all my parents cars. Something you don't see so much these days.

DM is a Flintshire registration I think - but the townscape looks like London. The Zephyrs were big cars in those days - now seem quite compact in this modern world of monster cars.

For DMU470A it's the MU that identifies the issuing council but you're right about it looking like that there London as MU was issued by Middlesex (1929-65) (it was then issued by London (1965-74) and finally London North-East (1974-97)).

9 minutes ago, martc said:

For DMU470A it's the MU that identifies the issuing council but you're right about it looking like that there London as MU was issued by Middlesex (1929-65) (it was then issued by London (1965-74) and finally London North-East (1974-97)).

yeah its a genuine A suffix plate too :) 

you dont see many of those, most A suffix marks tend to be 1980s issued for replacement of ageless plates (DMU-A being issued from November 1963)

1 hour ago, martc said:

Thanks - great advice. Yea that would make sense. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:20 AM, puddlethumper said:

Sorry Stuboy I iz dim but nice. STUNO instead, me thinks. Doh etc.

I blame the computer, it kept saying NO NO NO NO and then after I walked away It must have changed it's mind.

All fixerated

^^^^^ Whistle bus as we called it in Sheffield (this is Reading - Northen Counties bodied Bristol RE and a Burlingham bodied AEC Reliance behind). Basically the last buses all left at the same time (11.15 here) and an inspector would signal the approprite time by using a whistle. It was then every man for himself as drivers jostled for position to get out of the bus station. After the whistle had gone the rest of the timetable for the route generally went out the window.