Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

On 8/28/2019 at 11:31 AM, JeeExEll said:

PrChs9F.jpg

Dunlop? WTF? Fascinating Rostyle fact number 33.

This is a new one to me. I thought they were all just 'Ford Rostyles'. Made by Ford or maybe by Rubery Owen. In two styles, the 1600E type and this 'wide slot' style used around 1971 on Capris and early Cortina Mk3 GTs.

Did Dunlop make these for MG and Rootes group and Vauxhall too? What about the Landcrab Wolseley thing? Who knows.

Dunlops are subtly different from Rostyles, but differrent enough to avoid copywrite/trademark issues.

Rubery Owen Rostyle Wheels Advert 1968.jpg

On 9/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, lesapandre said:

20190911_142306.jpg

The trousers on the r. are amazing.

Those look like aluminised fire-resistant trousers that were commonly worn for drag-racing in the 1960s/70s, made by companies such as Simpson and Deist (both still making drag racing safety gear today). The shiny surface occasionally gave interesting patterns on film.

uaoOwS1.jpg

Proud owners of a new 3000 Ghia. Wonder who was driving when it was seen doing doughnuts in the Asda car park. Road tax due 30 years ago.

Autobox was standard on these, in that you paid the extra whether you wanted an autobox or not. The manual 4-speed was an option at  'at no-extra-cost'. Thanks Ford.

9 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

Autobox was standard on these, in that you paid the extra whether you wanted an autobox or not. The manual 4-speed was an option at  'at no-extra-cost'. Thanks Ford.

Ford did the same with some Granadas and with V6 Sierras.  Vauxhall also did it with the Senator 3.0i and Rover with some SD1 models. 

5 hours ago, JimH said:

Don't know if we've had this one already. Clearly you didn't earn a fortune working for them back then.

article-2408803-1B94ADCD000005DC-444_964

4 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Doesn't look like Bernie Ecclestone had seized control of F1 at that point. 

Doesn't look like anyone had seized control of the parking at that point.

On 6/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, RayMK said:

Buses in Malta circa 1953.  I was only about 4 when this was taken.  Dad was stationed with the RAF near Valetta and we lived nearby.   I have tried without success to match the view to something on Google maps.  Redevelopment has probably completely changed the scene unless I have failed to recognise key buildings. 

Scan 96.jpeg

It would appear to be what is now the Tritons' fountain, but as your photo shows used to be a bus station. The portico and tower thing on the right is presumably the city gate.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JeeExEll said:

NSeny44.jpg

Interesting fold-out 'Thunderbirds' type arrangement at the rear of this prototype. Did the lower bootlid maybe fold down flat??  No idea, but I like it.

I suspect the longitudinal line on the rear glass is not a hinge but a split between two different styling treatments for a hatchback?