Eye-catching black and whites

forddeliveryboy

f992UfU.jpg

George, John, Paul, and Richard out of the hopeless early 60s popcombo 'The Consul Classics'.

Nothing ever became of them as band, disappeared without trace. Rumours were that George went on to drive an ice-cream van then worked at Halewood, John ran a paper-shop, Paul was a lorry driver who dealt in fork-lift trucks in his spare time, and Richard is still at school.

^ Aye, but need to look it up (no problm). Have been sent a few more Scottish 70s ones I'd never seen before but they were more focussed on the type of countryside / village buildings so the cars are incidental. Can sort it out latr if interested. The image quality isn't great.

NCgRSmY.jpg

"I don't know what came over me Guv, I was standing in the middle of moving traffic and suddenly had an irresistible urge to do a Theresa May. I think I've been working too hard, can I take a couple of days' leave".

That one is top of union street at the holburn junction I think . :) 

^ Aye, I don't think it was a direct fitment of a Cortina door Sheff but all I meant was that the design lines are similar. Maybe Taunus design influence? Don't know.

All interesting tho.

But, anyway, Glasgow 1980. Obviously in preparation for the Moscow Olympics.

Background street cars.

ytY2TjL.jpg

Not much different, the TSB's fucked off though.

post-9424-0-09066600-1539527363_thumb.jpg

f992UfU.jpg

George, John, Paul, and Richard out of the hopeless early 60s popcombo 'The Consul Classics'.

Nothing ever became of them as band, disappeared without trace. Rumours were that George went on to drive an ice-cream van then worked at Halewood, John ran a paper-shop, Paul was a lorry driver who dealt in fork-lift trucks in his spare time, and Richard is still at school.

That really made me belly-laugh. Obviously we all know that they were actually called The Beatle Boys; a poor, Scouse tribute act to the American heavyweights The Beached Buoys, who were, in turn, a highly successful supergroup of ex-fishermen.

Back to the photos...

post-4721-0-14600500-1539971191_thumb.png

Canal Street Manchester city centre. Possibly George Best's Jag - or maybe he had moved on to a funky Marina coupe? It's actually not changed much. I can remember parking there 30 years ago and smoking out some people sitting by the canal when I started up my old 220D Mercedes - they were not pleased...I always fancied living in that house on the bridge...

On 10/13/2018 at 11:40 AM, kinkersaab said:

oh yes, i love old aberdeenshire stuff, I enjoy trying to trace them. please do forward any on you have :)

The Moskie pic was from a few miles north of Huntly, I have more exact location but as it's a private house, . . etc. PM me if you really want to know.

This one, Turriff. Dunlop alloys.

azc3f29.jpg