1979 Colt 1400 GLX (Mirage) For Sale

Mash

For those of you not OJC regulars I thought I'd post this here too.

This isn't my car but belongs to a chap I know who I used to work with and still see from time to time. It originally belonged to his sister and he brought it back last year to put away for his son as a first car. As I predicted the son is none to keen so I got the phonecall today asking if I would like it :D

In other circumstances I would probably take it on like a shot but I really can't justify at present because a) it's not particularly high on my OJC wants list and B) I'm on the trail of a real rarity at present.

I'll be going to see the car probably next weekend and will report back with a price and so on. It's only done about 30000 miles and looks a minter though. It's located in the York vicinity if anyone is interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

..This looks great - I seem to remember a very similar looking Colt (same colour I believe) for sale at some agricultural auction a year or so back? Anyone remember/know what happened to that?..Hope I'm not getting mixed up with something totally different.

..This looks great - I seem to remember a very similar looking Colt (same colour I believe) for sale at some agricultural auction a year or so back? Anyone remember/know what happened to that?

..Hope I'm not getting mixed up with something totally different.

That wasn't that long ago, it was at a Joinery relocation sale back in May. It didn't sell at the auction. I don't know what became of it.

Posted Image

It's not Gold! My sister took 1 driving lesson in one of those..........She kerbed it and just missed a post box after 100 yards. The instructor never took her out again. Then, 15 years later, she took her test in the centre of Birmingham, and passed! She's never driven me anywhere...........

..This looks great - I seem to remember a very similar looking Colt (same colour I believe) for sale at some agricultural auction a year or so back? Anyone remember/know what happened to that?

..Hope I'm not getting mixed up with something totally different.

That wasn't that long ago, it was at a Joinery relocation sale back in May. It didn't sell at the auction. I don't know what became of it.

Posted Image

Thanks for that, atleast I got the car right...

This is a bit odd and possibly worrying though, just did a DVLA check thing and it came back as:

Date of Liability 25 10 2008

Date of First Registration 22 03 1979

Year of Manufacture 1979

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1410CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available... etc

Date of liability 25-10-2008? Why not the end of the month?

...I could be interested in the Colt in the original post too

Erm, there's been a slight fly in the ointment regarding sale of this car, namely me.... :oops:

I went to look at it today and was rather taken with it as it's much better than I expected. I haven't actually bought it but may have to find a lime green space somewhere in my life (and wallet).

See update here:

http://oldjapanesecar.proboards91.com/i ... 127&page=1

Go on Mash, do it and give me a valid reason not to hate myself for not buying it ( because the wife keeps telling me if I turn up with more car shaped shite she wil phone the scrappy when I have gone out to work...)I like it so much I nicked a bit for my siggy.....