220ish* BrokeHorsePower collection - The Result!

Jim Bell

*Deleted as to not to offend any other AS members*

*Re-instated due to popular* demand*

It was a cold, wet spring evening in mid two thousand and fourteen.  The rain outside beat onto the glass in a soothing rolling rhythm. I opened a bottle of continental lager and fired up the laptop. The cooling fan spun, the rain continued the roll down the glass and my mind slipped back to the summer of 84.  And the Gypsy.

The Gypsy had told me, when I was eight years old, never to mix ebay and booze, ever.  She looked me dead in the eye, and said the sentence slowly, twice.  Her eyes went big as she said the last word.  She looked very much like she had been practicing in front the mirror.

I'd never heard of ebay, and was more into pulling skids and yoyo tricks anyway so brushed off the warning without much consideration.  I certainly never planned to drink any horrible lager.  No way.  I'm a dandelion and burdock man, and always will be. I put it to the back of my mind and went back to dancing like a robot.

The fan stopped spinning, a familiar website popped up with a gentle "boop" and a took a sip of my fourth bottle.

ccf8hqO.png

So many lovely things...................

Hang on. Ive always wanted one of those...................

zIhrWZv.png

OH

CzJv9mc.png

MY

fMMS6l5.png

EFFING

UYaihvQ.png

GOD!

bzDPYVS.png

BOOP! YOU ARE WINNER.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201094061848?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Hooray!

I own a Volvo flavoured Scottish Turbo car with many redeeming features:

New battery and altenator! (intermittent electrical fault expected then)

New Exhaust!

Towbar!

Cloth!

Many pedals!

Minor triffles:

No glove box lid.

It lacks the amount of clutch required to enable rapid forward motion.

Insurance cost.

Managed to sort one of the three above already.

Tomorrow morning, I shall be collecting Overrun, a packet full of hope and we will be carrying it south with the intention of attempting to limp it home 150 million miles.

Do toot if you see us on the A19.

Updates to follow tomorrow.

DnYYboA.png?2

9oukEW1.png

4L3cvEB.jpg

t4offTg.jpg

shxR2iU.jpg

"They never listen"

Sod all that, put the pictures/post back up. Either the first reply was incredibly stupid or it was an attempt at wit, if it's the latter cut him slack and put the pictures back up, please.

I feel the biggest crime here is claiming 245 bhp when you only have 225 bhp!!!

Now my Eldroado, easily loses all that bhp by spinning it front wheels when you try to use too much power!!!

An Eldroado is just an older 4wd 68 bhp 'copy' based on the Eldorado isn't it? Made by Daewoo IIRC.

Lol!

I feel the biggest crime here is claiming 245 bhp when you only have 225 bhp!!!

Wasnt sure if it would be the B5234T3 with vvt or not, so I shot for the higher and more impressive number.

I blame my allergy medication. I took too much and it made me feel very self confident.

Title altered to reflect the lower and more accurate BHP rating.

Wasnt sure if it would be the B5234T3 with vvt or not, so I shot for the higher and more impressive number.

I blame my allergy medication. I took too much and it made me feel very self confident.

Just pop to Halfords. The 'missing' 20bhp is easily put back. Turn left at 'batteries' and into 'floormats and stick-on shite'

Easy.

I really like these. You can't go far wrong at that money and I have to admire your determination to not give up buying random sub 300 quid cars given your past experiences.

What will it be this time? A wasps nest in the boot, seagull eggs in the fuel injections system or a police marker for it being involved in smuggling illegal cheese in from Belgium?

Either way...

popcorn-300x240.jpg

Sorry but 

Sorry only playing with you I have driven several 225 bhp, my wifes 240 bhp V70 and a 250 bhp 850R and can't tell the difference on the road.