New shite acquired - accidental ebay win..

j-j

New shite chez moi, sorry it wears the chevrons as usual but I can't resist

Posted Image

I bid on this before going away up to Kintyre with no internet for a week , returned and you guessed it I'd won the bugger. It was located in Cornwall and I live in Glasgow. The logistics were interesting but I get a thrill from buying old unproven Citroens and driving them home (usually quite far)

But it is a Mk1 BX and it is in reasonably good fettle comes with tax and test till next April, one owner from new and a genuine 48K on the clock.

Brings back memories of my first BX, first car back in 1999.

Once I have more money and some space I'll be branching out into different marques - probby East European as I've been bitten by the bug. But when a prime example of Citro shite comes up I can't resist thay're my faves :oops:

Posted Image

ooo that is a long way. I went from Fife to Saltash (just over the taimar bridge) to buy my mk4 cortina 2.0S. Its a hell of a trip. about 8 hours from you i thinkphoned my mate and asked him if he fancied a road trip.. alhough i didnt say to where!We drove all the way down, bought the cortina, turned straight around and made it back as far as penrith before i was so tired i'd started to weave about the road.decided to stop to grab an hours kip in the motorway services car park ( too pikey to pay for a travel inn) woke up eight hours later. Oops. it was fun, but i dont think id try and do it all in a day again.

turned straight around and made it back as far as penrith before i was so tired i'd started to weave about the road.

-lolzI was tempted to do it in a 'wonner' but arranged to stop at my mate's in Dorset (just 3 hours from Camborne in cornwall) for some beers and chat and next morning an assessment of what I'd bought (the morning after panic - you know) but I was fairly pleased with this one.

I went from Fife to Saltash (just over the taimar bridge) to buy my mk4 cortina 2.0S. Its a hell of a trip.

yep! it's a fair old jaunt to the shops but I guess it's the nature of living up here north of the border - all the prime shite is miles away! My CX came from Stansted and that was the shortest 'epic recovery mission' to date!

Five years ago I bought (completely sight unseen) an A-reg Fiesta that I'd heard about through an e-mail group - hadn't even had a photo of it, decided to buy entirely on the description. I was living in Edinburgh at the time and the car was located near Exeter - fortunately National Distress do an overnight service between the two locations so I thought I'd get some shut-eye on the way down.Not a bit of it, the coach pulled in to a different town every hour or so and I got precious little sleep, so on my way back north I elected to overnight at a Travelodge after collecting the car (which luckily was every bit as tidy as I'd been led to believe). I was met by the deceased owner's son at the bus station in his... red D-reg Citroen BX :lol:

Nice score j-j, I'm jealous - even though there's no room for another car in my life.There's nowt like the hollow clang when you get in and close the door of a Mk1 BX 8) Chris Salter has tried to tempt me with one but I'm quite happy with my Mk2 at the moment. Even happier once I get the wheelbearing sorted that is! :lol: Mark.

wait for it, andy is bringing me photos to post up here before the car goes on e-bay, of a genuine 17,000 mile bx, a real minter offers in the region of £450-£500.any takers?

-well I've got mine! but you could also post a for sale to the crazies over on BXClub, www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/index.php it's bound to master up some interest there if it's really that good!!

chris salter came to view my R9 recently and drove over in an early burgundy ? C reg BX sure he said he bought it from scotland recently

maybe it is compulsory to buy cars from the opposite end of the country as my R4 i sold earlier this year is now living in a village near glasgow not sure where exactly as a friend delivered it by a frame for me :? maybe its been spotted up there

Posted Image

Just 2! one CX and a BX (should get an AX to have a straight flush!) the CX bizarrely has one thing missing that I really value in the BX (or any other car for that matter) an intermittent wiper setting!mine is a 1977 CX and the intermittent wipe was only included from 1978! I'm very limited to 'fleet size' and 2 is really 1 too many.. CX is on SORN for the winter - I'm actually breaking my rules of 'just use the car' by treating it as a classic and storing it over winter.. what have I become?? :lol: I even put the CX up for sale breifly but I write the CX column in the Citroen car club magazine and I'd have to give that up probably :cry: so I'll try to hang on to it for as long as possible..

chris salter came to view my R9 recently and drove over in an early burgundy ? C reg BX

that chap Chris Salter buys every Mk1 BX available! he would have had this one but luckily didn't spot it in time :twisted: He's got 2 Mk 1s just now - a Burgundy BX 19GT that I drove at the Stratford Citroen rally - that's what reminded me how much I like Mk1 BXs! and he has a Mk1 Diesel (possibly also burgundy?) that's Italian LHD - he drove that all the way to the ICCCR in Rome this year - not bad, think the alternator went on it on the return..

I prefer for my cars to come from England, just cos they aren't so rusty.One of my Accords came from Liverpool, another from Kensington in London, my daily Audi came from Ruislip but the guy met me with it at Luton airport. Probably so I couldn't return it to his house after realising the car had a major undeclared fault!Not seen a BX on the road for a very long time now.