BMW 840 - what am I doing?

HereHareHere

You can tell it's well looked after as those polished split rim wheels are nightmare to keep in that condition. Most are are bubbled and horrible.  Will go far (as the petrol station).

I got 20mpg out of my 740i so I recon with lpg this will be almost livable with.

Lovely car, bet the old boys gutted to be selling it, i would, the wheels are spectacular, meaty boots too, you have a bargain there....rest of the summer spent fully rustproofing this fine steed?

By the way you know thats it now doncha, once you've gone LPG you don't go back.

LPG savings off to a poor start: £100 extra on the premium! Wankers. At least the old chap left 3/4 of a tank of pez in (and three months' tax - SCORE).

He's taken it into the dealer to get the a/c sorted - and the wheels rebalanced, which I didn't even ask him to. BTW Taff it wasn't actually Swindon but a nice little village 3 miles outside - this guy is STRAIGHT OUTTA WROUGHTON.

Those rims aren't quite as unblemished as they look in the pics. Actually one is - the one that used to be the spare before the LPG tank took its place.

Anyone fancy a silver 02-plate 406 V6 coupe? 100k, cambelt done, 9 months ticket, ace history, ace nick, literally no issues and goes like a pilled-up fucker thanks to a sport-mode footswitch mod. Stainless exhaust, electric leather, cruise, CD changer, auto lights/wipers, Everything works except the driver's heated seat. I know I'm wasting my time trying to flog this here, but doing so allows me to feel as if I'm taking affirmative action.  

In the meantime: I AM THE LORD OF THE SHITE SAID HE. Though I do still have a Rover 75 Tourer. 

LPG savings off to a poor start: £100 extra on the premium! Wankers. At least the old chap left 3/4 of a tank of pez in (and three months' tax - SCORE).

Have a bloody good search round when its renewal time and tell your present shyters to stick it up their arse, they've taken the piss cos you're mid term i s'pose.

Never paid a single penny extra for LPG cover, just had the Outback converted, no charge with Saga, their underwriter looked it up on the LPG register online to confirm it was a registered conversion whilst t'mrs was on the dog to 'em and that was it.

Just out of interest when we changed cars, they covered the Mitsi we sold on for an extra month or more like 5 weeks by doing us a very well priced new policy for it, circa £200 for the year, we just got £166 back from 'em, so they beat the day insure type operations by a country mile and could not have been nicer to deal with, will be trying our best to stay with them, £12 admin charge ISTR which is bloody cheap.

Thanks for the insur-o-tips, GB.

Flogging-the-406-wise I have just suffered a terrible bereavement in the SD card department. Pending photos, here are the modestly adulterated bare bones of my forthcoming eBay listing:

Satellite grey, V6 D9 (210bhp) auto coupe

99k (mileage will rise slightly as still in use) [this is my eBay-friendly way of saying I clocked the 100k yesterday]

Cambelt changed at 76k, Oct 2009

MOT Jan 2015 (no advisories)

Tax Aug 2014

Full service history (and I mean FULL – all receipts/MOTs/11 stamps in the book – last service at 95k)

Six new ignition coils (improved durability ‘white top’)

New engine mountings

New crank pulley

New brake pads (er, arriving from Germany later today - ATE brand, supposedly proven not to squeal like a bastard as Brembos are wont to)

New bonnet and boot gas struts

A/C recharge (ice-cold, functioning perfectly)

New bonnet release cable

Auto gearbox oil flush and change (recommended at 100k)

Powerflow stainless steel exhaust

'Starfish' alloys in very good condition (small kerb scuffing on one – the spare is better)

Owned by 406coupeclub member (acquired from another club member)

Avon and Kuhmo tyres, plenty of tread

6 CD changer

JBL speaker system with amplifier

Head unit with iPod adaptor cable

Steering wheel audio controls

Auto-dim rear view mirror

Electric seat with memory function

Cruise control

Auto headlights and wipers

Heated seats (driver’s-side function intermittent)

Recent ‘Planet Peugeot’ onboard diagnostic analysis – no fault codes showing.

Black leather interior

Onboard computer with remote control

Slight scuffing on driver’s seat piping (much better than most of this age)

Electric mirrors with fold-in function

Satellite grey

Enthusiast owned for last 8 years

Peugeot over mats

Paintwork generally excellent with the odd very minor stone chip and scratch – see photos (ptth)

One of the best around, excellent inside and out, mechanically perfect, a rapid, reliable, comfortable and extremely handsome car that will be sorely missed. A smart and very well maintained example of this bona fide future classic blah blah bollocks blah.  

£1200

.... this I LIKE ;)

".. He's spent a terrifying amount at the BMW PROTON main agent in the last few years (approx 100% more than I intend handing to any BMW Proton main agent from now on - ADIEU FBMWPSH).."

My book [owned from new] stops abruptly @ 56K. I do all the neccessaries now  8)

Warranty 3yr/60K

Why spend pounds on a car whos residuals are washers??

TS