BMW 840 - what am I doing?

HereHareHere

BMW claim the ATF has to be the BMW stuff made out of unicorns penises. There's loads of stuff out there about alternatives but everyone always bottles it when it come down to potentially knackering their gearbox. On the plus side the filter is £30 from BMW.

Guest Breadvan72

I can haz ex client who was bentest coppa in evah and was sacked from Mancplod despite my unavailing efforts to keep him in (and if even Mancplod thought he was bad he really must have been bad). He had one of these yarmouths.  Went well with his fake Breitling and his fake Paul Smith suit!  He is now a property spiv and does well.

This was the Munich equivalent of a massive Ford Probe and is therefore exemplary.

If you don't secure this car, being that you're in Swindon you might be able to buy a lovely diesel locomotive instead, which would be an equally wise purchase.

Guest Breadvan72

BTW the race track thing wasn't about racing, as me and the race dude were discussing the car as a road car not as  OMG TRK WPN CRU.  We both just thought it was fookin meh.  Anyways, FILL YER BOOTZ.

Your dad bought Elizabeth Taylor?

I wonder if Hereharehere is currently outside a nightclub in his new car, beating off fit birds with a shitty stick?

Would you buy a used car off this man?

post-4698-0-82172900-1400188099_thumb.jpg

I JUST HAVE.

Almost! The a/c was completely non-functional (despite a £1,500 main-agent bill 13 months ago), so I've left him a deposit and he's agreed to get it sorted.

It's not perfect, but way better than you might reasonably expect for 4 and a bit bags. Thought I felt a bit of 55mph wobble but it seemed to go away (once we'd spent literally 40 minutes sitting in the Swindon rush-hour, which at least made it impossible to avoid noticing the a/c's knackeredness). No other obvious faults. He's spent a terrifying amount at the BMW main agent in the last few years (approx 100% more than I intend handing to any BMW main agent from now on - ADIEU FBMWSH).

Lovely chap though. The extraordinary - and genuine - reason he's selling it: his wife has developed an alarmingly extreme sensitivity to odours, and has decided she can't now bear what this 840 apparently smells of (car, as far as my nose could tell). She also made him take off and scrap the s/s exhaust he'd just fitted due to the noise - BMW shipped over a new stock one from Germany. Weirdly she seemed lovely too,  not the frothingly deranged Hyacinth Bucket these tales seemed to suggest. 

FURTHER IMAGES FOLLOW OF THIS LIKELY NEW ACQUISITION:

post-4698-0-32139400-1400189192_thumb.jpg

post-4698-0-92627600-1400189251_thumb.jpg