Renault Kangaroo

mat_the_cat

I must admit to thinking much the same thing after the recent French collection trip. But my sensible head ruled it out for a few reasons - firstly wife says no, and secondly anything I get is going to need bits replaced fairly often if I'm doing 700 miles a week in it. Which unfortunately points towards something newer :-(

We've got a wheelchair converted 58 plate at work. In fact it's sat outside my house as I type this as I've got to go to Reading tommorow for training. It's a 1.6 pez badermatic and has covered the grand total of 7063 miles. It shat one of it's PAS pipes a while ago and the exhaust rotted out, doubtless a result of the short journeys it does. Having the ramp fitted means it has a non-standard exhaust so the garage welded a new section in. The spec is a bit weird, it's got air con and electric windows but rubber mats. It's a pleasant enough thing to bumble about in.

Rubber mats sound ideal, as there's no hard standing around here so in wet weather it all turns to mud. AC is one of the toys I wouldn't want to be without too, equally for quick demisting in winter as for keeping cool. Electric windows I can take or leave, but think I'd be lucky to get AC without them.

To be fair,doing 700 miles a week in any diesel is useful. Think of taxis. Private low milers have lots of injector/filter issues,but if you think of 300k mondeos etc they power on no problem if used. its when use is sporadic that problems start. when people moan of a bad one,tends to be low mileage with a few years under its belt. Don't think you can go far wrong with a diesel of any sort doing proper miles. just my two penneth....

For what it's worth I have owned a 2.0 hdi Berlingo multispace for 9 years now,and apart from routine servicing it's been brilliant.Clutch is a bit heavy and the petrol versions handle in a nimbler manner,but I've clocked over 150k self driven miles in mine and I'll keep it til it drops!

I just spotted this beauty in my favourite colour - gold. A bit expensive for pure shite, but then it does have double electric sunroofs, so that you get doubly wet when the Renault electrics start their little foibles. I wonder if I can persuade the missus? She hated my previous shite Volvo 340 GL Auto, so I would have to buy it secretly and hide it in the next street. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/renault/kangoo/used-renault-kangoo-1-4-helios-5dr-wolverhampton-fpa-201404273720421?logcode=p

Well, I've put a deposit on something...collection should be this weekend all being well :-)

Given the usual form on here, I predict that it is nothing like a Kangoo or Berlingo and will either be a Suzuki X90, a Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz or possibly a Daimler DE36 Hearse