***** AUTOSHITE DEALERSHIP STICKER ORDER THREAD ***** 10/12/2022 4 for £5 - Blue stamp boogie!

ruffgeezer

I still have three left somehow, I keep moving them from car to car and amazingly they withstand it really well.

I will offer an opinion, but I do not think that it should be taken into consideration given the above:

* I don't really like the phone number, because I'm a woke C.  But I still have it on display on all my cars.

* I'm not sure about the tagline on the new one.  Like the 80s futuristic style though.

I agree I think it may look better in an Autoshite colour :) (and with perhaps the normal forum tag line? if i'm being fussy!)

also may I recommend putting ".com" in the underscore like the previous version?  (that way people actually know its a website/internet forum, assuming you want to "advertise" that fact of course :) 

its a shame the original style seems to have sold out? I was hoping on picking one up for REV when she hit the road! :)  (I like the 1980s 7 segment LED/VFD look of the new design but I currently prefer the old design as I felt it matched the general aesthetic of the forum itself better)

I like the concept. The 7-segment text on the left is gr9.

BUT (and I don't feel bad about saying this because you did say it was 'work in progress' Tim),

- Not sure about the tagline; any other suggestions? Because I have no imagination, my only idea is ' The future of  your motoring is our concern'

- Personally I consider the font colour more eighties neon than eighties LED 

- Keeping the same font for the address? Not sure it works with the rest of it. Not suggesting the same font as the left bit, but maybe something a bit more modern?

However it turns out, I'll have five. 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:16 AM, robinmasters said:

I like the concept. The 7-segment text on the left is gr9.

BUT (and I don't feel bad about saying this because you did say it was 'work in progress' Tim),

- Not sure about the tagline; any other suggestions? Because I have no imagination, my only idea is ' The future of  your motoring is our concern'

- Personally I consider the font colour more eighties neon than eighties LED 

- Keeping the same font for the address? Not sure it works with the rest of it. Not suggesting the same font as the left bit, but maybe something a bit more modern?

This is pretty much exactly what I'd say!

Given I have a 1970s and a 1980s car I'd take one of each style in a re-run of stickers...

1 hour ago, captain_70s said:

Colour change inspired by the Acclaim's clock...

autshite80sv2.gif.ceef1405818f4930939c2b6b46c369382.gif.e290e77be1d527bf46287616a8da1981.gif

As an aside, why is the dealer address Six Mile Bottom? Is it just because bottom? (fnar).

Pretty much, yeah. When I came up with the original design, it was just a funny place name I remembered passing on my frequent journeys from home to Lincolnshire.